FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shishkabobs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18 08 1:14 pm    Post subject: shishkabobs Reply with quote

what do you guys put on your kabobs... i usually do beef and chicken not on the same stick... beef i do beef, onion, green pepper, peppercini peppers, and cherry tomatoes.. on the chicken i do the bird, onion, green pepper, shrooms, and sweet cherry peppers.. then seasons each with what ever i feel like
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lantern
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19 08 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mix the items.

I like to put the same thing with the same thickness on my kabobs. It insures even cooking and is just plain easier and consistant. I may use a slice of onion for flavor, but it's not very often at all.
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19 08 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try my Philly cheese steak kabobs.All the same ingredients, chunks of rib-eye, bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper, & garlic. drizzle with your fav. oil, cook to preference (Rare), then brush with melted Cheese whiz... Good stuff
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20 08 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never have a problem with things cooking a different temps.. just gotta cut size according.. i cut my chicken smaller and my veggies larger for my chicken kabobs, and i cut my steaks thicker and my veggies smaller for my steak.. each lets me get a well done bird and a medium rare steak along with perfectly not too char'd but no undercooked veggies...
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lantern
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20 08 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I can do it just fine. Smile

I just like the ease and versatility of keeping everything separate. Plus I don't have to strangle a few of my vegan friends as they would get grumpy when the icky meat touched the glorious veggies. Laughing
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20 08 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i don't know if i could be friends with a vegan lol i figure they would get tired of me talkin about how good animals taste... especially the younger ones cause they are more tender Smile...

some buddies of mine that i worked with in cat scan before i started as a traveling tech used to prank the guy in ultrasound all the time. his religion he would not touch pork.. they brought in a bunch of bbq one time (pulled pork) it was already mixed with sauce for ease of serving in the department. although they told him it was beef.. lol he ate it up loving it, and then they said something about they should bring in their pork sometime and the guy kept going on about how pigs are so dirty and he doesn't see how we stand to eat them as his mouth was filled full of good ol' smoked oink. lol doesn't get any better than that Smile they never told him and i don't guess he ever found out.
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
lantern
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20 08 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT'S AWFUL!!! But funnnnnnny! Laughing

Anyway, I think I'm sexist. The only folks I have over that are vegan are serious cuties. I'll make whatever they like so long as they don't bitch about what I'm eating. They love my food and I can cut them off as easy as they can "cut me off". Laughing

I don't think a guy would EVER mention out loud that he was vegan at one of my parties! We'd have the vegan cuties even thinking he's playing for the other team before the night was over. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: