FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone ever smoked porkchops?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16 08 11:02 pm    Post subject: Anyone ever smoked porkchops? Reply with quote

I tried doing a search and couldn't find any info so was just wondering if anybody has done it. If so how did they come out. Thanks
angrydogtattoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16 08 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have and they turned out very nice, but I did them indirect but at a slightly higher temp, around 300, they came out very moist and tender. I was in the process of moving and had already taken the gasser out to the new place, leaving the smoker (heavier) behind till last, after a long day of renovating and moving, we decided to have steaks, after thought, no gasser I decided to fire up the smoker and just grill on the fire box, but put the steaks in the cook chamber to get them warmed up first, since I had the grates wide open the temps got up to around 350-400, I opended the cook chamber and the steaks were coming along fine so I left them, and the rest is history, been smoking everything, might just give the gasser away to the brother-n-law, everything we have put in has been great!
Mel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16 08 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I was pretty much going to go ahead and try it. I thought if I need to I'll throw them on the gasser right at the last to sear them.
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17 08 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go..........

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6204
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17 08 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i smoked some in the kettle this last weekend along with my abt's... i cooked mine a bit too long but i had a mishap with my thermometer and set it too close the the grill and it melted... so i just let them go for an hour and a half... heat was probably in the high 200's and they came out great... had a good smoke ring but were a little on the dry side.. be sure to watch your heat and pull as soon as they hit the right temp
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
monty
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17 08 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47_gGqSmdUc
Mel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17 08 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for the info, I ended up putting a dry rub on them and about half way through I mopped them with some BBQ sauce. they were a big hit with the family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: