FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question about insulating my lower barrel on a double barrel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11 08 1:25 am    Post subject: question about insulating my lower barrel on a double barrel Reply with quote

i was thinking about insulating my bottom barrel on my double barrel smoker i made. Since i am not able to use it right now seein as she is 1600 miles away i am thinkin about how to improve it when i get there lol. i thought about putting brick around the outside but then that would hold water on it when it rains and might hurry the rust along. any ideas on insulating a fire box? i have the inside lined with brick along the bottom. but i have had huge huge beds of coals in that thing and it running wide open, and a temp of 220, to go above 220 i usually gotta have either some flame or a fresh burned down fire.

either my temp gauge is wrong, or i am losing a ton of heat through the thin walls of the barrel.

suggestions???? that don't include a new smoker cause i love this thing lol
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: