FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

well boys I'm out.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krazylegs
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16 05 12:39 pm    Post subject: well boys I'm out. Reply with quote

Yea, I sold pulled pork sammies for 3 weeks and made a killing aroud $300.00 per wack. I even had the county heads wanting me to cater the big employees thingy. But my mind got to me and I dont want to break the laws. Because I would be standing for something that is bad in the "service" world. people call still wanting to place orders and they are shocked when I say "sorry cant do it"

I have found out one thing though people in california at least in this part are really starved for real BBQ.

But, Im taking a class on developing a small business plan and then a managment class in food service. But thanks for all the help to everyone who took their time to answer my e-mails and my calls for help.

this is just a work in progress my friends!!
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17 05 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a tough decision, but doing it legally is really the best way. I've seen a few caterers closed down by the health dept, because the competitors for the business turned them in for being a "mom-and-pop"

Sad but true.

So just take the lesson like you have, you've obviously found a market, now go and make it happen.

Best of luck.

Russ
krazylegs
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17 05 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the good send off okie. I'm like Arnold Scwartz.... way back when he was cool. I'll be back!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: