FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backyard off set smoker plans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slow&low
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25 09 1:27 am    Post subject: Backyard off set smoker plans Reply with quote

I'm in need of some input, I'm going to do some (computer) work for this guy that is a welder, he has made a few large "cookers" and he has some pictures of them I asked him he could build me one and he said
If you have a picture or explain how you want it built I'm sure I can do it, since this is going to be my first smoker I really don't know what I should look for I look at bluzQ cooker and I like it, so ... I need help lol what featuers I want? If I get it built I don't want to have to make mods later
Thanks
purplewg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25 09 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check these out...

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31487&sid=b62a3fc032d33c8656934c298add04ef

and

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6358&sid=b62a3fc032d33c8656934c298add04ef

Don't squat with your spurs on.........
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25 09 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow&low, If you like the ones he built that would be a good start. If they perform. As purplewg showed there are many types and styles. Also consider what you or he has to work with as far as material, will it be a tank? or pipe? square fire box or round? Also since we do not know about his cookers you might ask him to use the pit calculator for your dimensions and hole sizings that way you will be close to if not on target for proper ventilation. As a start I would look for at least a 20'' diam. cooking chamber 48'' long, to me that size is a good back yard unit.

Hybrid Cooker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: