FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Smoker/Grill Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05 08 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually bought one on the 24th, the money was taken out of my bank on the 27th and on june the 1st i sent an email inquiring about my order because i paid for priority shipping and still got no resonse from them, so yesterday i sent another email telling them to just cancel it, they send me an email today apoligizing and said they would transfer the money back to my bank, this was the company http://www.smithfarmstores.com/p-2401-bsk1000-standard-barrel-kit.aspx so now i need to reorder it from someone else.
Tom Traubert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HillbillySmoker wrote:
i actually bought one on the 24th, the money was taken out of my bank on the 27th and on june the 1st i sent an email inquiring about my order because i paid for priority shipping and still got no resonse from them, so yesterday i sent another email telling them to just cancel it, they send me an email today apoligizing and said they would transfer the money back to my bank, this was the company http://www.smithfarmstores.com/p-2401-bsk1000-standard-barrel-kit.aspx so now i need to reorder it from someone else.

I got my stove conversion kit, which includes the door you're looking for, here: http://www.vogelzang.com/barrel_stoves.htm.
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i seen those, i ordered from smithfarmstore.com because they were alot cheaper, im looking at a few iron furnace doors ones 20 inches wide by 13 to 14 inches tall and if that doesnt work out im gonna get one from Vogelzang
mpwildy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are the pictures??
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what pictures are you referring to?
mpwildy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures of your cooker.
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: My Smoker/Grill Build Reply with quote

HillbillySmoker wrote:
Here's a Pic of me about 5 yrs ago i guess, so you have a face to go with my posts Smile

OK, which one of the four are you dear? Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing

I still work here!
Cranky Buzzard
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must be the horny one. Laughing
Buttman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet them there boys was full of the golden acorns.
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, you guys are to much, ok on to more serious things, i found a door for my firebox, took alot of searching on the net but i found it, it measures 13 inches tall and 20 inches wide. and has a built in Temp guage "the white half moon thing in the picture" that goes up to 550 degrees.

Oh and i got my axle cut down and welded back together, cut my side rails and my crossmembers to length after work. im hoping to have the trailer welded together so i can Tow it home saturday evening and get my cooker up on it.
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 08 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpwildy wrote:
The pictures of your cooker.

Forgot to reply Laughing the pics i have so far are posted up top, i stopped building the cooker to build my trailer, once thats done i will mount the cooker and comence building and posting more pics, ill post a few pics of the trailer build probably this weekend. im having a dejevue Rolling Eyes
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07 08 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so tired from work today i dont even wanna fool with building the trailer, i know i said it would be done by tomorrow evening and that i would have pics to post...., we'll see how it goes tomorrow.
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 08 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tomorrow is today and ive finally started putting the trailer together, this is how you build one on your back patio, in the picture below you'll see i have the first pieces tack welded, this is so i can make any adjustments before putting some beads on the joints, when laying it out measure from one end of the siderail and mark you position for your cross member, do the same on the other side, now put the pieces in place and square it up with your eye the best you can then take a tape measure and measure corner to corner diagonaly and move you side rails till you get both cross corner measurements the same, now your frame is square, now to make sure its not twisted take some twine and go corner to corner diagonaly and your string should just barely be touching your cross members, once all of that is confirmed tack weld your joints together, keep an eye on your frame to keep it square to much welding in one spot can pull the metal and mess your measurements up. slowly weld your joints up and check your measurements as you go, ill post some more pics later on as i progress.
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 08 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more pics of the trailer, debating whether to go back out and put the tongue on, the back will be finished when the cooker is installed, the firebox is gonna partially drop down into the frame and the door will be on the backend of the trailer. the axle mounts are just tack welded incase i need to move them.

HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 08 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few pics with the wheels on, ran into a little problem with this one, lol, the tires are to big and the sidewall is rubbing the axle mount bolts, so im gonna have to take these big truck tires off and put on some smaller ones, which i need to do anyway to lower the trailer some, should be able to lower it about 3 to 6 inches depending on what type of tire i put on. I'll put the tongue on in the morning and get the cooker up on it, YAY. Very Happy Just need to figure out which side i want to cook on, driver or passenger side.

Pigosaurus Rex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 08 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good there Hillbilly. Your moving right along, that sure is a nice welder. I am using a stick welder on my project and with my lack of welding experience it's hard for me to get the welds as clean as i would like. I quess thats what grinders are for.
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 08 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty Sir, yeah i hate grinding myself. the welder is a 180 amp Clarke, made in italy Rolling Eyes got it off Ebay.
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 08 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, seems most cookers have the doors on the drivers side so thats what ill go with. im gonna have to work on the firebox before i mount it so hopefully i can get that done tomorrow.
Cranky Buzzard
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 08 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you're coming along nicely there!

One big question, is the gate in your fence big enough to get the trailer out of?

I bought a brand spanking new John Deere riding mower once and got it home to find that it was 6 inches too wide to fit in the backyard!!! Embarassed

I'm sure you checked that, but thought i'd be an educated donkey for a minute there. Laughing

CB
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 08 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty CB, been lazy today, took the other two wheels to walmart to get the right size tires i needed and almost started a fight in the tireshop today, LMAO. I had my truck backed up to the plastic chain they keep across the bay doors to keep people out and the guy that's doing my tires takes them over to the balancing machine and starts to balance them and I'm watching this guy, hes already put 4 big weights on and this older walmart man walks up to him and says you have the wrong setting on the machine and the guy says no i dont so they exchange a few words and me being the way iam i had to jump in when i seen the guy starting to put the 5th weight on, i was like, hey man whats going on i know my wheels dont need that much weight, lol. so then the older guy steps back in and says something else to him, next thing i know they're yelling at each other and the younger guy said F it you do it and i said i don't care who does it i just want it right, lol. so the older man takes care of it and i left came home and put the new wheels on the trailer. Very Happy Pic of the new tires, as you can see it lowered the trailer down nicely, trailer deck will be 20 inches now instead of 27

Last edited by HillbillySmoker on Mon Jun 09 08 7:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: