FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simple Beef Brisket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sting Ray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15 08 6:18 am    Post subject: Simple Beef Brisket Reply with quote

This is my first post. I smoked my first brisket yesterday and I must say it came out delicious!!! For the rub I used ground sea salt, black pepper, and garlic salt (4-2-2). I wanted to use garlic powder but didn't have any on hand. So it came out a little salty but not too bad. I used a 5 1/2 lb. center cut with a good 1/4" fat cap and some nice marbling. I cooked it at 250 for 9 hrs which took it to 190 internal on my gas grill. I used the Smoke Pistol with hickory. I put it fat side up the whole time and didn't touch it until it was done. Pulled it off and let it sit for 2 hrs wrapped in foil before slicing. Next time I will use garlic powder instead of garlic salt and I might add a little cayenne. All in all it came out tender, juicy, and with a nice bark. Thank you all who put your recipes up!!! All of you are the reason why my family and I had a GREAT meal last night. Thanks!!!!

cruzado_xxi
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19 08 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank God for the smoke ring and these recipes...I AM GONA MAKE ME A BRISKET...thats a cut i have never even think of coking...bug i see a lot of recipes here that i will try it...thanks a lot.

(Dont worry, is in english also)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Beef Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: