FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best BBQ in your state or any other you've visited
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmills151a

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14 09 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle - Jones barbeque the best brisket ive ever had

Ohio - City barbeque pretty good pulled pork and ribs

California - Famous daves bbq the only thing close good bbq
charleso
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07 09 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the best resturaunt que I have ever gotten anywhere is Rick's BBQ in downtown Parrot, GA. Look that up on the map. It is a hole in the wall in a hole in the wall OLD town. Some very good que, though.
TexaCali Fatts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08 09 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Salt Lick in Drpping Springs Texas
The BBQ shop in Memphis
The Hitchin Post in Casmalia CA
gunsmoke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08 09 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best BBQ in Albuquerque by far is Peppers across the street from the fair grounds.His ribs and brisket are as good if not better than any I ever eaten,and he make a sweet potato cornbread that's really indescribable
jmills151a

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19 09 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wanted to go to the hitchin post, what do u recommend getting there?
yardman5508
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05 09 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Georgia Reply with quote

mtrammel wrote:
Fresh Air BBQ in Jackson GA (Southeast of Atlanta) off hwy 42 is great.
Old buildings with sawdust on the ground, pulled pork and brunswick stew is my fav.

(I will head to Bub-Ba-Q asap though since its listed here, hadnt been there...no offense fellow member)

sorry to burst bubbles, but Freshaire is chopped, not pulled.
Smokey Joe
Mr.Prickly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10 09 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really gotta talk up Smoky Jon's in Madison, Wi. Great food....service... people.....atmosphere......prices. One of my faves....
Crooked Letter BBQ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21 09 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've eat a lot of good BBQ in MS but i always keep going back to Bar-B-Q by Jim in Tupelo MS

It might not be the best but its pretty darn good Very Happy
PWF_Cook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30 10 4:17 am    Post subject: Texas Reply with quote

We don't eat BBQ out much - family likes what I cook. However, Thompson's in Crockett, TX and New Zion Church in Huntsville, Tx. (yes, it's a church) are my two favorites if I'm not in the mood to cook but am in the mood for brisket or ribs.

My wife is a very good judge of BBQ and her favorite is still A&A in Bay City, Tx.

We both also like Hinze's BBQ in Wharton, TX.
killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24 10 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos BBQ in Pismo beach Ca. is great other then that I cant say Ive had good BBQ in a restaurant ether you get no smoke flavor or a really skunky green mesquite.
gsmckee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01 10 3:51 am    Post subject: Big Fatty's in Burlington, VT Reply with quote

Just got back from a business trip to Burlington, VT. Got the hankering for barbecue while I was there and stumbled across Big Fatty's on Main Street in downtown Burlington. As I approached the door a whiff of hickory smoke met my nose; I knew I was in the right place. It just so happened to be Wednesday which apparently is Brisket Day at Big Fatty's - very very good. Very rich too. It isn't often that I say that the portions are too big but this brisket was so rich that as I got closer to the end I wondered if I could finish it. Perhaps having it on a sandwich would have been better. I loved it but sometimes too much of a good thing...

I went back that night for ribs. (I was on a business trip ) Big Fatty's cooks full slabs rather than trimmed down St. Louis cuts like other places. That is what I prefer so I was excited. Now I was still full from my brisket lunch about 4 hours earlier so I got mine to go. What I forgot about was sauce so when I got them back to my hotel room I didn't have any sauce. Not that I missed them the ribs were fantastic. They had just the right amount of seasoning and a nice thick smoke ring.

Big Fatty's is the real deal. Low and slow cooked barbecue. Closer to a Memphis style than anything else (though the brisket was solid Texas). Luckily I'll be going back to Burlington in the future and I can tell you that Big Fatty's is on my list. I'll even make sure that I'm there on Brisket Day again.
farmboy236

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11 10 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If BBQ was a religion (in Carolina it is!!!) then Pete Jones would have been the Pope and The Skylight would be the Vatican! The next best place for True BAR-BEE-QUE is in Lexington,Tennessee. Slow cooked, hickory coals, WHOLE HOG, everything else is just grilled meat ........ good ............ but not BBQ. If your Que is right then vinegar is the only sauce you need. It doesn't cover up, just points up the flavor.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11 10 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

farmboy236 wrote:
If BBQ was a religion (in Carolina it is!!!) then Pete Jones would have been the Pope and The Skylight would be the Vatican! The next best place for True BAR-BEE-QUE is in Lexington,Tennessee. Slow cooked, hickory coals, WHOLE HOG, everything else is just grilled meat ........ good ............ but not BBQ. If your Que is right then vinegar is the only sauce you need. It doesn't cover up, just points up the flavor.

Truer words have never been spoken. Pete Jones...may his soul rest in peace.
RustNRoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11 10 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kansas City, KS:
go to Oklahoma Joes. get the Z man. die happy. food there is too awesome to describe, and its located inside a gas station. best bbq dish ive ever had.

St Louis, MO:
Pappy's Smokehouse. best bbq experience ive ever had. amazing food right up there with oklahoma joes. amazing atmosphere. friendliness that is light years beyond anything ive ever experienced. total awesomeness.

Philadelphia, PA
Sweet Lucy's. a level below the first two i posted, but still the best by far in the philadelphia area. great food, and the brisket sandwich lunch special is a great deal and delicious too.

Wilson, NC
Parkers. friendly service, good nc style bbq. ask for sauce for the pulled pork and you get some au jus drippings that are to die for. brunswick stew is great.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12 10 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustNRoll wrote:
Wilson, NC
Parkers. friendly service, good nc style bbq. ask for sauce for the pulled pork and you get some au jus drippings that are to die for. brunswick stew is great.

I guess things have changed? You don't get pulled pork at any traditional NC bbq joint...Parkers included. Also, you don't have to ask for sauce at Parkers as it's on the table. In 20 some-odd years eating at Parkers I have never seen "au jus drippings". Not that a little pork fat doesn't sound good...I've just never seen it there (or anywhere else for that matter).

I like Parkers, don't get me wrong. They cook with gas, but so do many other Eastern NC restaurants these days. My regular lunch order would have been a small dark combination. That's dark meat chicken & chopped bbq for those that don't know. And yes, I would choose the stew as well.
texaggie2007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12 10 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow's BBQ in Lexington TX. Was rated #1 in by Texas Monthly a few years ago therefore I was a bit skeptical (Same folks had rated Kreuz as the best in the state in the past) but Snow's is legit; probably some of the best brisket I've eaten throughout the state.
RustNRoll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12 10 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pit Boss wrote:
RustNRoll wrote:
Wilson, NC

I guess things have changed? You don't get pulled pork at any traditional NC bbq joint...Parkers included. Also, you don't have to ask for sauce at Parkers as it's on the table. In 20 some-odd years eating at Parkers I have never seen "au jus drippings". Not that a little pork fat doesn't sound good...I've just never seen it there (or anywhere else for that matter).

I like Parkers, don't get me wrong. They cook with gas, but so do many other Eastern NC restaurants these days. My regular lunch order would have been a small dark combination. That's dark meat chicken & chopped bbq for those that don't know. And yes, I would choose the stew as well.

i was only there once, two years ago. but that 'sauce' really stood out for me as it was not a vinegar based sauce at all. i could swear they said it was just drippings from the meat, but i could be mistaken. i did like that place though as it was one of my first positive experiences with carolina style bbq. kind of disappointing to find out its gas though. ah well. next time im down there im trying out that skylight inn anyways.
BamaQue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13 10 3:25 am    Post subject: Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Reply with quote

Bob Gibsons in Decatur.

Shoulders
White Chicken
Ribs.

If you havent been its worth the trip to try the chicken.
Johnny Schmoeker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20 10 3:22 am    Post subject: Lazybones--SE Michigan's best...so far Reply with quote

Still only one place here that I'd recommend to a visitor who knows their Q: Lazybones Smokehouse in Roseville. It won't make anybody forget their favorite joint in the Carolinas or Texas, but the meat is respectable and most of all, very consistent day after day. I usually go for either brisket or spares...today I couldn't decide, so I had both. It'll have to do until the competition heats up a bit, which we hear may be happening. For now, all the other Q joints here are too hit or miss, depending on the day.

LB's does not sell beer, but they do sell t-shirts. One out of two, anyway....
smcswain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07 11 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeepdad wrote:
Shelby, North Carolina

Alston Bridges Barbecue Inc
620 E Grover St
Shelby, NC 28150
(704) 482-1998‎

Bridges Barbecue Lodge
2000 E Dixion Blvd
Shelby, NC 28150
(704) 482-8567‎

--jeepdad

YES!!

Also, Little Richard's in Winston Salem, NC... Awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: