FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chargriller Dual Griller???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
txfireguy2003
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06 08 11:42 am    Post subject: Chargriller Dual Griller??? Reply with quote

Hey guys, got a question on buying a new, relatively cheap cooker. I love cooking over charcoal and wood, but sometimes, after a long day, I just don't feel up to starting a fire and that mess, so a gasser is a welcome site on occasion. Having just bought a new house, and no longer having to deal with apartment living and the rules associated with it, I'm in the market for a new cooker and I saw one at Academy Sports the other day that was interesting. It's made by Chargriller I think, and it's pretty traditional looking, like a barrel, but made from rolled steel instead. Anyway, it has two chambers, one for using charcoal/wood, the other set up with 3 gas burners and regulator. If I remember right, the price was somewhere around 240 or 250. So, my question is, does anyone have any experience with this model of cooker, and if so, how does she run? I can see just from looking at it that it needs mods like stack extensions inside and out on the charcoal side, a side firebox for smoking, and on the gas side, the exhaust stacks need to be closed up and replaced with lower stacks/fresh air intake on the bottom, but those mods are no big deal for me, I love to work with metal, just don't have the time right now to build a whole cooker until I get outta school.....soooo, any thoughts?
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06 08 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love mine with the optional side fire box.
POPPASPLATT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06 08 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one after reading Aliens review of it. I only had a charcol grill on the deck and my smoker was my large trailor smoker. I wanted a smoker to do experiments with. It is a big event to use the trailor smoker for just one butt . I have seasoned it and used every part of it. I love to use the burner to start my chimney of charcol. I feel it was worth every dime and definetly get the additional fire box.
txfireguy2003
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07 08 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, thanks guys, that's what I wanted to hear. I know what you mean about firing up the big cooker for one small meal, and that's why I'm looking for a small pit for the back yard.
ribmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07 08 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Txfireguy... if there is a Menards home imp. store near you they carry them...was looking at them my self and i'm due to up grade my gasser and i dont want to fire up the big smoker for a rack of ribs either....just a heads up....... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: