FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top off meat in Stuffer w/Rice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27 08 8:40 pm    Post subject: Top off meat in Stuffer w/Rice Reply with quote

I read this somewhere.. to put cooked rice on top of your meat to get all the meat out of the stuffer.

I tried it and it really did not work as I thought... near the end of the stuffing the rice started coming out mixed with the meat.

I think I will try again and put some parchment or waxed paper on top of the meat then add the rice.

Has anyone tried the rice trick ?? or some other trick to get all the meat out ?

Or am I just spinning my wheels ??
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28 08 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a couple slices of stale bread on top of the meat instead. Either way, you'll never get 100% of the meat out of the stuffer, but you'll get close.
dutchmancreek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28 08 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use bread too....it works as well as can be expected and you don't have to cook rice.

You always have to carefully wash and disinfect your meat grinder...the bread just helps to initially clean out the meat.

Steve

WSM
22 1/2 Weber Kettle
Chargriller Pro 4000 Gasser
Campfire Cooking Set Up and Fire Pit
Txngent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28 08 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X2. I soak all my parts after washing in HOT water with some HOT water in the sink and about 4 TBSP bleach. Hand dry and store all the parts in a ziplock with some UNCOOKED rice. The rice helps keep any moisture away from the parts to prevent rust.
Moonshiner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01 08 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't take the time to try to get every bit of meat into the casing. I use a grinder/stuffer and when I'm through stuffing and take it apart for cleaning I make the remaining meat into a little loaf about as round as a Ritz cracker then smoke it along with the sausage. Sliced with cheese and mustard on a cracker makes a pretty good snack.. Smile
em21701

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12 08 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meat left in the stuffer is dinner! Make some patties or crumble it onto a pizza, the options are plentiful!
angrydogtattoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23 08 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually just use bread at the end to help "clean" everything out, seams to work well, like everyone else has said, you'll never get it all out, I just find it a good start to a good cleaning.
Seminole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10 08 12:52 am    Post subject: Top off meat in stuffer with rice Reply with quote

Hi Howard,

Well Howard, this can be done in a more practical way. Many recipes in addition to meat also contain a filler:

rice-Hurka Hungarian Sausage, Nham-Thai sausage
potatoes-Swedish Potatoe Sausage
breadcrumbs, buckwheat groats, semolina etc.

When little meat remains in your stuffer, add come boiled rice, bread, bread crumbs or supermarket bought fries (made for cooking or microven) and just let it through. You will get two kinds sausages. Don't worry much about spice combination. There is not one standarized recipe for any of the sausages. The best meat science books, written by the foremost experts in this field list different ingredients for the same sausage. There are professional books which list thousands of sausage recipes such as Sausage And Processed Meats Formulations by Herbert Ockerman and he lists countless recipes for the same sausage.

Your Hurka, Nham or Swedish sausage will be fine. In case you want to study these recipes go to:
http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-recipes.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: