FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any one seen this on the Southern Yankee web site?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beachsands

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19 08 10:50 am    Post subject: Any one seen this on the Southern Yankee web site? Reply with quote

I submitted a request for pricing on one of their smokers. I got this error when I hit the submit button.

"Your form submission has been rejected as it appears to be an abuse of our server"

Of course I have no idea of what this means except its probably some web site glitch. I tried several times but this kept on coming up.

Ever seen this?

Joel Sad
OddThomas
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19 08 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested all the forms myself and had no problems submitting them. What information did you enter and what email address did you use? Sometimes the stuff you enter might contain certain characters or words that makes the form validation think you're trying to spoof the server and send out some spam even though you're not.

Ive used the same form handler (Tectite Formmail) on a few projects and it's usually pretty reliable. Then again, the markup of the site looks like it was cobbled together by Dr. Frankencoder, so there could easily be a problem I didn't see.

You can email them directly at sales "at" sybbq "dot" com.
beachsands

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19 08 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OddThomas wrote:
I tested all the forms myself and had no problems submitting them. What information did you enter and what email address did you use? Sometimes the stuff you enter might contain certain characters or words that makes the form validation think you're trying to spoof the server and send out some spam even though you're not.

Ive used the same form handler (Tectite Formmail) on a few projects and it's usually pretty reliable. Then again, the markup of the site looks like it was cobbled together by Dr. Frankencoder, so there could easily be a problem I didn't see.

You can email them directly at sales "at" sybbq "dot" com.

Email Handler? I dunno! I use outlook express and have roadrunner as my provider. Other then that its lost on me. The form asked for my name, address , email, phone number and so forth. (Which I did provide) I am not a programmer so when this sorta thing happens I ask elsewhere for help.

Thanks, Joel
OddThomas
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19 08 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! The "form handler" is the code that takes the information you enter into the form, converts it into an email, and sends it to a specified email address--hopefully a human behind the scenes. Smile It's one of those things where you don't necessarily need to know how it works, just that it does. Sorry if I got too technical for you, I was just pointing out the particular system they are using is pretty reliable in my experience.

The particular error you quoted usually mens the system is trying to protect the form recipient from spammers by detecting junk in the form submission.

Do you have any special characters in your email address such as a "dot" (.)

Did you use any generic information in the submission such as a bogus phone number or email address?

Did you enter any Web addresses in any of the comment boxes?

Have you tried to submit it a second time with the same results?

If it were me I'd just email them directly and be sure to mention the form is acting up. A user shouldn't have this much trouble using a contact form...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: