FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smokenator Info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14 08 3:25 pm    Post subject: Smokenator Info Reply with quote

I have seen this modification for a weber kettle. Anyone tried it ? I have a WSM ,2 kettles and a gas grill. I love to to the ribs on my Kettle. I just stack them like cord wood and shuffle the deck every 30-45 minutes cooking indirect. Curious if anyone has tried this modification. Appreciate any info. Thanks guys. Tim
SectorB
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15 08 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmer,

I have one and enjoy it. Of course I have now upgraded to the WSM, but I will use it for ribs, ABT's and other things. I have not had any problems maintaining temps with the one touch system and it is easy to fill. The only problem is you need to tend the coals. Because it isn't a large amount of charcoal or water you need to keep and eye on their consumption. I use the minion method and get 2-4 hours of constant temps but this by no means is a set and forget system. This is great for larger cuts of meat and with the hover grill you basically double the capacity of the kettle. The stuff up top cooks a little quicker but with good management of the food you should have no problems. Go to the search function and type in smokenator and you'll get some other opinions. Good luck and show us the results.
MeadowCreek PR60

The Smokey Future is cloudy but tasty
SectorB
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16 08 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am cooking up 2 slabs of spares and tips with ABT's. I am taking pics for you so are there any pictures you were wanting. Smoke produced, hovergrill.etc.. Just let me know.
MeadowCreek PR60

The Smokey Future is cloudy but tasty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: