FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How its made on the Discovery Channel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmokinMN
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10 08 8:56 am    Post subject: How its made on the Discovery Channel. Reply with quote

Anyone happen to catch "How it's Made" on the Discovey Channel this weekend? They were at the Weber factory showing how they make Weber grills... pretty cool.

I can't seem to find the next air date for that episode but if you happen to catch it....post up

Kingsford Barrel Grill
Brinkmann Smoke N Grill
Weber 18.5"
Weber 22.5"
Smokey Joe
USDA Monkey
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10 08 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it. I thought it was pretty cool.
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10 08 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it a couple of times. Watch it with the kids... They seem to run a marathon of those shows from time to time. I'm sure it will air again.
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10 08 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be in their factory in Palatine IL at least once a month to service miscelaneous office equipment. Pretty neat actually. but not as neat as the "jelly Belly" factory that was in North Chicago "Goelitz confectionary"

the culligan water softener factory was pretty neat too.
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10 08 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed the show, but I like that series a lot! Not bad for a company that started out in the Bouy Business! Very Happy

We visited the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield? Ca. a year or so back with my sister's family. Very cool!

I used to build machinery for the food business, and miss tinkering with all the equipment at times..........................
burgandy-smoke
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11 08 8:35 am    Post subject: Favorite Factory Reply with quote

My favorite factory was the Budweiser plant in Williamsburg, VA. Before 9-11, you could take a tour and get free samples.
marvsbbq
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11 08 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite Factory Reply with quote

burgandy-smoke wrote:
My favorite factory was the Budweiser plant in Williamsburg, VA. Before 9-11, you could take a tour and get free samples.

Yea, I totally understand, you wouldn't want a terrorist to blow up our main beer supply now would we?? Laughing Laughing Laughing
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11 08 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Factory Reply with quote

burgandy-smoke wrote:

Along those lines the Jameson Distillery tour in Ireland has nice little sampling at the end or their tour too... You get to taste test a variety of Irish Whiskeys along with a few Scotches and American bourbons as well... I left that tour feeling mighty fine I tell ya!

James.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: