FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoked Pork BBQ Enchiladas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HuskerSmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jan 30 2008    Post subject: Smoked Pork BBQ Enchiladas Reply with quote

Has anyone made enchiladas and used BBQ sauce instead of enchilada sauce? Sounds like it will work but just curious if anyone has tried.

I was thinking of taking some leftover pulled pork and rolling it in tortillas with little sauce and shredded cheddar. Put the rolled up tortillas in a casserole dish and cover with more cheese and BBQ sauce and bake until hot and cheese melted. 30min at 350*?

Thoughts, ideas, concerns?

Thanks for your help!
broncosmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Jan 30 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did that last week and they came out pretty good.

Took corn tortillas and put them lightly in some warm oil to make them easier to work with.

Added just a little bbq to the meat and some baked beans, green chiles (sliced in the can. Was all we had at the time and didn't want to tale a run to the store.)Added some olives and a diced tomato.

Filled them up and put the in a casserole dish. Topped with BBQ sauce and then some chees and baked until done. Was an odd first bite because the brain was expecting regular enchilada taste, but got over that quickly and they were good.

Scott
HuskerSmoker
BBQ Fan

Thanks broncosmoker!

Do you think flour tortillas would work? Or corn tortillas are the only way to go?

I have a couple pounds of pulled pork left over from Sunday. 50*! Finally warm enough to fire up the smoker! Very Happy

Then today it drops to single digits with snow. Evil or Very Mad
broncosmoker
BBQ Pro

Flour tortillas work. The wife prefers the but I like corn tortillas. If you use flour tortillas just skip dipping them in oil and just fill the and place in the casserole dish.
Tek465

One way I like leftover pork is in a BBQ burrito.

Just cook up some Potatoes O'Brien (or scrambled eggs) and mix in some meat. Top with a little cheese, maybe some BBQ sauce (Although I think it's just as good without). Really good with fresh hot tortillas.

Another good way is Taquitos.

Roll the meat in a warm corn tortilla secure with a toothpick and fry till golden brown.
RKB
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Feb 22 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't used bbq sauce but I made some with enchilada sauce, they are fantastic.
txbbqman
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Feb 26 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made them with pork and bbq sauce and they were good..... i made some with brisket and bbq sauce and they were great..... when i roll the tortillas with the whatever is going in ,i put them in the skillet with some butter and brown each side and then i put in a baking dish with the sauce and cheese to bake them........ browning them before baking them totally makes them teste better, u gotta try it...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Pork Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: