FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sam's Choice vs. Kingsford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Wood and Charcoal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BufordCityDawg
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Mar 26 2008    Post subject: Sam's Choice vs. Kingsford Reply with quote

I have been using Sam's choice and frankly like the way it smells. I ran out mid smoke this weekend and got a bag of Kingsford to finish off the smoke. I found the Kingsford to have a much different smell. I didn't like it as much as the Sam's. Anyone else who has tried both have the same opinion?

BCD
USDA Monkey
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mar 28 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Sam's choice charcoal in my grill for the 1st time in about 2 years. It lit well in the chimney and had a good burn time. It had a nice woodsy smell. I did notice 2 pieces that seemed to fall apart after I dumped the chimney. I have not used it in my wsm yet but I might this weekend.

I can not really compare Sam's to Kingsford because I don't want to waste my money on the Kingsford. I'm down to 1 bag of ranchers and will probably use the Sam's stuff when that's gone and I don't want to use my Fire King lump.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mar 28 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

to the best of my knowledge, I think Royal Oak still makes the Sam's Choice brand. I use their American sourced lump occasionally, but avoid all briquettes due to the additive that some companies use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Wood and Charcoal All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: