FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roxy's S.C mustard sauce
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01 11 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Two questions about Roxy's sauce Reply with quote

roxy wrote:

I usually make the sauce when I smoke a pork butt so to be honest a batch is almost gone by the time I rub out of pulled pork. I would think that with the amount of vinegar that is in the sauce you should be good for a couple three weeks.

Uhhhh....I haven't been able to smoke as much as I would have liked this year (damned tornadoes), and still have a batch in my fridge from the Feb/March time frame.

Guessing that's past its prime, eh? Doesn't smell bad. Smile
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01 11 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Two questions about Roxy's sauce Reply with quote

Huey wrote:
roxy wrote:

I usually make the sauce when I smoke a pork butt so to be honest a batch is almost gone by the time I rub out of pulled pork. I would think that with the amount of vinegar that is in the sauce you should be good for a couple three weeks.

Uhhhh....I haven't been able to smoke as much as I would have liked this year (damned tornadoes), and still have a batch in my fridge from the Feb/March time frame.

Yeah.. I would toss it if it was me. Costs like what to make another batch.. Costs like what to get sick..?? Not counting all the yacking.
LIAR #100
Huey
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01 11 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...Wife said the same thing.

The 27 April tornadoes knocked out our power for seven days. I managed to find ice and had limited cooler space. Much of the fridge contents had to be sacrificed. However, this batch of sauce found a special spot in the cooler. I couldn't stand the thought of losing it, especially with all my frozen brisket and pulled pork thawing (and requiring consumption.)

(I got even with the red oak that fell on my master bedroom, too. I finally tried smoking with oak. It's been great to cook roast beef with. LOL)
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01 11 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the damage to your place dude but the good thing is you got a nice stack of wood out of the deal.. Got to look for that silver lining.. Wink
LIAR #100
flyingsushi

PostPosted: Sun May 13 12 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxy, thank you for this recipe. This sauce compliments and helps bring all the flavors together of a Boston Butt. I am a novice with BQ. When I make a BB and use this sauce, you make me look more than good. Thank you!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 13 12 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingsushi wrote:
Roxy, thank you for this recipe. This sauce compliments and helps bring all the flavors together of a Boston Butt. I am a novice with BQ. When I make a BB and use this sauce, you make me look more than good. Thank you!

Glad you like the sauce recipe and have success with it..
LIAR #100
Changeling
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15 12 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying this saue is just good would be a completely rediculous statement!

When I started making it I was actually hoping for something a little better than the usual vinegar/hot pepper flakes bottles that one usually see's on BBQ tables.

Good grief was I wrong!! HELL, it was awesome smelling just cooking up the first batch witch had expanded to several more people just because I opended my BIG mouth.

To make a long story short, I had people (friends of friends) calling wanting to buy whatever I MADE, just let them know what I wanted (within reason), I just had to say NO.

Now I'm out!!!!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15 12 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changeling wrote:
Saying this saue is just good would be a completely rediculous statement!

When I started making it I was actually hoping for something a little better than the usual vinegar/hot pepper flakes bottles that one usually see's on BBQ tables.

Good grief was I wrong!! HELL, it was awesome smelling just cooking up the first batch witch had expanded to several more people just because I opended my BIG mouth.

To make a long story short, I had people (friends of friends) calling wanting to buy whatever I MADE, just let them know what I wanted (within reason), I just had to say NO.

Now I'm out!!!!

You got to buy a bigger pot..!!
LIAR #100
mattycamp
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20 12 9:44 am    Post subject: Just made a slight variation of this. Reply with quote

I upped the mustard to 2/3 c. and I used minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in lieu of the Tabasco. It turned out fantastic. Thanks again, Roxy!
TimPlu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03 13 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm smoking a picnic roast this upcoming Monday for the Notre Dame game and I'm going to make this sauce. After reading all the great reviews, I can't wait to try this. Monday can't come fast enough - get the watch the Irish with the national championship and I get to eat some bbq all while washing it down with some brews!!

I'll be sure to let you know what I think of the recipe.
SporkD2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01 13 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going in a camping trip this weekend, gotta try this!
ICDEDTURKES
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15 13 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a batch simmering right now.. One thing is for certain if I were ever on a team on Iron Chef or Hells Kitchen on a team and was assigned to Puree Garlic. It would be the only task I do as it would take me the length of the competition. Embarassed
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18 13 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
Got a batch simmering right now.. One thing is for certain if I were ever on a team on Iron Chef or Hells Kitchen on a team and was assigned to Puree Garlic. It would be the only task I do as it would take me the length of the competition. Embarassed

Just buy a bottle of garlic puree.. makes life a whole lot easier IMHO..
LIAR #100
ICDEDTURKES
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18 13 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My FBIL ended up wearing mustard on his shirt trying to get a piece of it through the squirt bottle.

Laughing

I gotta say this stuff is fantastic, I did simmer a while longer. Their are alot of flavors that do not fight each other, you of course get the mustard, the tanginess of the vinegar as well as a fuzz of heat.. The color is beautiful and the pepper adds some cosmetic appeal as well..

All I could ask for in a mustard sauce.. Thanks
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18 13 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
My FBIL ended up wearing mustard on his shirt trying to get a piece of it through the squirt bottle.

Laughing

I gotta say this stuff is fantastic, I did simmer a while longer. Their are alot of flavors that do not fight each other, you of course get the mustard, the tanginess of the vinegar as well as a fuzz of heat.. The color is beautiful and the pepper adds some cosmetic appeal as well..

All I could ask for in a mustard sauce.. Thanks

Glad you liked it.. You can give it a ride in the blender to smooth out any bits. Wink
LIAR #100
OttawaP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30 14 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice recipe. I add some Guinness beer the 2nd time I made this and really liked the flavour it added, took a while longer to simmer but it was worth it. Not sure if the Irish ever settled the Carolina's but maybe they should have.
YardFullOfOak
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25 16 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Two questions about Roxy's sauce Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
Huey wrote:
roxy wrote:

Yeah.. I would toss it if it was me. Costs like what to make another batch.. Costs like what to get sick..?? Not counting all the yacking.

I store this sauce in the refrigerator for months.

(Bringing up an old thread - saw this post when I looked up the recipe to cook some sauce...)
BurnBern
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25 16 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sauce sounds delicious! I will give it a go as soon as I finish building my smoker.
huskers85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26 16 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, May I ask if this sauce gives a noticeable mustard flavor?

I am looking to add something to my pork once its been pulled just to make it a bit more moist and maybe add a touch of flavor.

I am not a big fan of mustard flavor myself...........

Maybe i'm after a vinegar sauce?
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26 16 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the sauce doesn't have a strong mustard flavor, or at least it didn't when I make it.

I still work here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: