FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catering lunches for yourself.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25 05 11:14 pm    Post subject: Catering lunches for yourself..... Reply with quote

Hey, I did not know where to put this, so I stuck it here. WooDoggy had a good comment in the general discussion area. Thought I'd see if there were any other recommendations here.

I'm looking for ideas about how to Q on the weekend and pack up lunches for during the week. Until now I've vacuum packed big family size bags. WD says he puts lunch size servings in baggies, squeezes the air out, and freezes. For lunch he just grabs a bag. Any other ideas along this line?

Also wanted to know how to package up side dishes to go along with it. What side dishes can you make ahead and take along with the meat?
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08 05 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve-o, thats what they call "leftovers!" Laughing
dholcomb1946
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08 05 8:57 am    Post subject: Sides Reply with quote

Beans freeze in smaller packages, so does corn on the cobb. Both can be nuked along with a frozen package of pulled pork or brisket. Bread can be frozen and also nuked to warm, about 20 seconds for bread. Onion, bell pepper & mustard can also travel. Mayo has to stay cold.

So, pack a 3 section divided paper/plastic plate, and all the fixings and brown bag it.
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08 05 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you go to Mac Dondalds ask for extra mayo pacs, Taco Bell for extra hot sauce ect. ect. For my own personal use I use to keep a drawer full of extra pacs. Now that I do the Pit master University, I have a 7x4 pantry full of spices and sauces. The point is they are there... just ask. On freezing, the individual baggies work good and so does wax paper between the meats.
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09 05 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come a long way since 10/25. Today, I took a baggie of pulled pork, some shredded cabbage, two buns, some cole slaw sauce, and some homemade pulled pork sauce. Took no time to pack up, and no time to prepare at work. Lady I eat with brought a frozen dinner. She REALLY wanted to trade lunches.....

I've mastered the fine art of packaging leftovers. Haven't been to McD's and a very long time.

Oh, took some smoked fish to work yesterday. They're still talking about it.

And, if you warm up real BBQ at work, EVERYONE knows that someone is eating REAL BBQ. Hmmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmm!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: