FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holiday Bowl

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilted-Cue'r

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28 07 7:18 am    Post subject: Holiday Bowl Reply with quote

Texas or Arizona State?!
Go Vols!
-------------------------------------------------------
Any man can que, but not any man can que in a kilt
HuskerSmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28 07 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually root for the Big 12 but Arizona St wants this game. My money is on ASU.
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28 07 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac and the UT coaching staff sure showed their asses. A staff member (check that, the Coach's step son) steps on the field and interfears with a live play and they have the nerve to go off on the refs. Were I the ref, I would have thrown the book at Texas, they had a bunch of people on the field.

I am one Big12 fan that is pulling for ASU now.
dinty
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to say "the Horns"

hook em
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...the guy from OKC didnt like Texas and neither did the guy from Nebraska....hmmm...am I sensing something here? Maybe a little bias?

Boy the Horns really put it on them last night...glad to see ASU get knocked down a peg since the dawgs have a trip to ASU next season.
HuskerSmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am usually bias towards the Big 12 teams in bowl games. I just thought ASU would be ready to make a statement. Looks like they overlooked the Horns.

Go Big 12!
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskerSmoker wrote:
I am usually bias towards the Big 12 teams in bowl games. I just thought ASU would be ready to make a statement. Looks like they overlooked the Horns.

Go Big 12!

Same here...i like to see the SEC teams win their bowl games just because it helps out the conference when it becomes the beauty contest at the end of the year...just hope that the Dawgs get their shot at the sash next season..

Next season starts during bowl season...big wins in January mean better rankings next season..
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgPhan wrote:
Let's see...the guy from OKC didnt like Texas and neither did the guy from Nebraska....hmmm...am I sensing something here? Maybe a little bias?

Boy the Horns really put it on them last night...glad to see ASU get knocked down a peg since the dawgs have a trip to ASU next season.

I always pull for the Big12, but Mac made an ass of himself. He even added to it when he said he didn't know who was invloved and then the reporter pointed out it was his stepson and he admitted it. Where I come from, we call that a lie. And to do it on national TV is a real class act. His actions were much worse then his stepson's.

As for all the other Big12 teams, I hope they kick some ass.
adolpho
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OkieJay wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

I always pull for the Big12, but Mac made an ass of himself. He even added to it when he said he didn't know who was invloved and then the reporter pointed out it was his stepson and he admitted it. Where I come from, we call that a lie. And to do it on national TV is a real class act. His actions were much worse then his stepson's.

Come on guys, don't be hating. Every team has had the sideline's adrenaline flowing. ESPN even showed other instances of excitement on the sidline getting excited from football and other sports last night and I guess since it ain't Texas, it's ok for them. Let's see, Mac doesn't know when his stepson is involved and Stoops doesn't know when his players are being paid for not showing up to their jobs at businesses that boosters own? Rolling Eyes There were so many staff on the field, Mack could've been telling the truth.
People are just upset that UT put a hurting to ASU after everyone thought their defense can't stop an explosive offense from the PAC 10. I was going to root for OU against WV, but now who knows. I guess OU fans don't want our conference to prove how good we are against the other conferences.
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30 07 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adolpho wrote:
OkieJay wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

Come on guys, don't be hating. Every team has had the sideline's adrenaline flowing. ESPN even showed other instances of excitement on the sidline getting excited from football and other sports last night and I guess since it ain't Texas, it's ok for them. Let's see, Mac doesn't know when his stepson is involved and Stoops doesn't know when his players are being paid for not showing up to their jobs at businesses that boosters own? Rolling Eyes There were so many staff on the field, Mack could've been telling the truth.
People are just upset that UT put a hurting to ASU after everyone thought their defense can't stop an explosive offense from the PAC 10. I was going to root for OU against WV, but now who knows. I guess OU fans don't want our conference to prove how good we are against the other conferences.

Sorry Adolpho but you missed the point of both my post. I fully understand that kids will be kids and stuff happens. But if you were watching the game you would have seen what I saw. When the ref makes his call, Mac goes crazy and starts screaming at him. A number of his staff were on the field and Mac himself was the one that pulled his stepson off the field. This after they had already had a sideline warning. The ref's call was very reasonable, Mac's (and his assistant's) anger was way over the top.

Then he looks into the camera and says he does not who was involved and five seconds later (after the reporter tells him that the kid was identified as his stepson) he admits it was his stepson. I don't blame him for not saying it was his stepson, I don't think he should have identified him at all. It would have been best to simply say something like "the identity of the young man is not important", which is true. No need to lie.

It was sad that you felt you had to play that "Stoops doesn't know when his players are being paid for not showing up to their jobs at businesses that boosters own?" crap. Very lame.
adolpho
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31 07 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OkieJay wrote:
It was sad that you felt you had to play that "Stoops doesn't know when his players are being paid for not showing up to their jobs at businesses that boosters own?" crap. Very lame.

No it wasn't, no matter what you think or say, you're hating the horns (by the way, I did see the game and since no one touched the ball Mac was going crazy; he understood that they were on the field but didn't feel it warranted a reverse on their fumble recovery; it was just a passionate moment that can happen to anyone) If it were any other team you wouldn't have ever accused someone of what you are now. But then again maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry it resulted you into calling my quote "crap" and "very lame" (truth hurts, huh? - still just joking with you Wink ). I didn't realize how personal you'd get. I always thought you were a good guy, Okiejay, and still do. I guess the football spirit can bring a different side out of anyone. My apologies for bringing it out of you.

PAZ, and good luck in the Fiesta Bowl! A&M went down and the Big 12 needs more wins.
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31 07 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adolpho wrote:
OkieJay wrote:

No it wasn't, no matter what you think or say, you're hating the horns (by the way, I did see the game and since no one touched the ball Mac was going crazy; he understood that they were on the field but didn't feel it warranted a reverse on their fumble recovery; it was just a passionate moment that can happen to anyone) If it were any other team you wouldn't have ever accused someone of what you are now. But then again maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry it resulted you into calling my quote "crap" and "very lame" (truth hurts, huh? - still just joking with you Wink ). I didn't realize how personal you'd get. I always thought you were a good guy, Okiejay, and still do. I guess the football spirit can bring a different side out of anyone. My apologies for bringing it out of you.

PAZ, and good luck in the Fiesta Bowl! A&M went down and the Big 12 needs more wins.

I AM a good guy and I am not a Texas hater. I think UT runs a good program and Vince Young was/is one heck of a class guy. I have never been a Mac Brown fan, but I really don't think that colored my judgement. You say "since no one touched the ball" , I watched the game live and the dozens of replays and their is no way anyone but the young man knows for certain if he touched the ball. But he had no business being that close to it. I don't think most coaches would have the nerve to yell at the ref about if the staff member on the playing field really touched the live ball that he reached for.

As for the Stoops crack, what has that to do with how another coach behaved on the field?
Nobody knows if Bob did or did not know what was going on. The NCAA felt he reacted promptly and correctly to the infraction. They even went so far as to make a public statement to that fact. Since no one in their right mind would ever say the NCAA has a soft spot for OU (or any Big12 team), I figure their reaction to Stoops conduct speaks to Bob's quality.

Back to my original post "Mac and the UT coaching staff sure showed their asses.". If you took that to mean I am a Texas hater, you are mistaken. A mistake was made (or almost made) by a UT staff member and the coaching staff showed no class in their reaction the diffacult postion that mistake put the refs in. I was pulling for my fellow Big12 team until that point.

My last 2 cents on the matter.
Jay
adolpho
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31 07 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about the Stoops crack, I just got defensive and made a kick in the balls. Sorry to hear you're not a Mack Brown fan. He's a good guy and does a lot for the Austin community.

Enjoy the rest of the bowl games.
bluedogok
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01 08 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Red McCombs (and others) have never spread any "love" around the 40 Acres either Rolling Eyes

As for more evidence from the news today, 18-22 kids will still make boneheaded decisions no matter where they are. We could ALL make some off handed comments about any program anywhere. Many of us who were around when Mack was at OU still have an affection for him, he is a good guy and most Sooners would say so even if begrudgingly. He would probably be at OU if his brother wasn't the offensive coordinator at the time Gibbs was fired.

That being said, I think they called the reversal/penalty on the fact that half the staff and a 1/3rd of the offense were on the field when the alleged "touch" by Mack's stepson occurred. They already had a sideline warning and they evidently have a big problem paying attention to those with 20 people on the field during a play. They are among the worst that I have seen having a problem with it consistently and I am surprised that they don't get called for it more often.

I dislike OSU more than UT (too many years of working with them in OKC) and still want them to beat IU, which they are doing a pretty good job of at the moment. 35-10 and they still haven't punted in the game. I always pull for the Big 12 in bowl season, even when UT played USC for the MNC. They looked great, a real good win for them.
broncosmoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01 08 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what happenned in this game I was glad to see Drunken Erickson get beat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: