FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
River City BBQ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06 07 3:39 am    Post subject: New Book Reply with quote

I just recieved my copy of Polish Sausage Authentic recipes and instructions by Stanley and Adam Marianski. Up front I have nothing to do with these guys. I'm not here to sell thier book. I believe after reading this book that it should be in everyones collection. The book is a collection of recipes that has been standardized by the Dept of Meat Industry from the Polish goverment. All the instruction are clear and to the point and any hobbist should be able to turn out good products after following the simple instructions. I ordered mine from Amazon however it did take a month to get it.
ChileFarmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08 07 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will be checking it out as I need all the help I can get. CF
Seminole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19 08 8:05 pm    Post subject: New Book Reply with quote

The art and secrets of making fermented sausages revealed in new specialty book

October 2008, N.Y., N.Y. The majority of books written on making sausages do not tackle the subject of fermented sausages at all. The topic is limited to a statement that this is an advanced field of sausage making which is not recommended for an amateur sausage maker. Well, the main reason for writing this book was that the authors did not share this opinion. On the contrary, they believed that any hobbyist could make wonderful salami at home, if he only knew how. For thousands of years the manufacturing process was shrouded in secrecy, and was more a combination of art and magic than a solid science. They were highly technical papers, that were published in Food Technology journals, unfortunately these works were written in such difficult terms, that they were beyond the comprehension of the average sausage maker.

Thus, was born the idea of bridging the technology gap that existed between Meat Science and the requirements of the typical hobbyist making products at home. Technical terms were substituted with their equivalent but simpler meanings, and to get the reader started fifty detailed recipes are included. With more information obtainable every day, and commercial starter
cultures available to the public, there is little reason to abstain from making quality salamis at home, regardless of the climate and outside conditions.

In The Art of Making Fermented Sausages, readers are provided with detailed information about:

Bacteria, yeasts and molds
PH meat acidity and Aw water activity
Starter Cultures
Fermentation
Safety and good manufacturing procedures
Fifty detailed recipes
And more…

To read sample pages visit: http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/book-fermented-sausages/the-art-of-making-fermented-sausages.htm

ISBN: 978-14327-3257-8 Format: 6.14 x 9.21 Paperback SRP: US$19.95
Published by: Outskirts Press, Inc. http://outskirtspress.com
savagefan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21 08 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, I have my copy in transit now I can't wait. I already have "Great Sausage recipes' By R Kutas- excellent, and "The best of wurst" by Brian Pay, even better if you use metric.
reat
teakettle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21 08 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just recieved my copy of Polish Sausage Authentic recipes and instructions by Stanley and Adam Marianski. Up front I have nothing to do with these guys. I'm not here to sell thier book. I believe after reading this book that it should be in everyones collection.

I'll second that. It is one of the best sausage making books I have ever read.

Don in Texas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: