FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roxy's rib glaze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikekhelxD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20 12 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
mikekhelxD wrote:
^ Thanks for the lightning response Roxy. I'll probably use rum instead unless I go to my buddies house and get him drunk to get a 1/8 cup of JD from his shelf Wink.

I might try mixing rum with lychee liqeuer i have lying around for extra smell. I know i know, my ribs are turning into a girlie one. I can't wait to make and taste this rub.

I love the lychee stuff though I have not tried it in a glaze. You might be onto something.

Be sure to take some pix. Wink

I'll definitely will.
briandude

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15 12 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxy,

The wife and I mixed up a batch of your glaze, and added some red pepper flake for a bit of sweet heat on some St. Louis' today....

OH--MY--GAWD!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks Roxy!

Homemade 80 Gallon Offset Smoker
Brinkmann Smoke-n-Pit Pro
Brinkmann Charcoal bullet smoker
Brinkmann Electric bullet smoker
and of course, a gas grill...
Coming Soon: UDS?

See my homemade cooker build here.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15 12 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

briandude wrote:
Roxy,

The wife and I mixed up a batch of your glaze, and added some red pepper flake for a bit of sweet heat on some St. Louis' today....

OH--MY--GAWD!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks Roxy!

Glad you liked it Brian.. Best part, it is different with each BBQ sauce you start with..
LIAR #100
X-Roughneck
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19 12 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Roxy! I better start checkin' out more of your sauces,you sure out did yourself on this one buddy! I used Jack in the batch i made.It gives this glaze a very distinctive flavor that i CRAVE!!!! I made a triple batch,TWICE.At first i thought it was going to be as thin as water until i whisked-it, and the recipe multiplied perfectly too.What a great glaze you came up with.It has a taste that really hits the spot for me,and is unmatched.I will find out in the tomorrow,but i really don't care if the judges like it or not,I DO.I will be setting up at 7am for a rib cook-off.I will take some pics and report back.Thanks again for this glaze recipe.
X-Roughneck
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22 12 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,thanks again Roxy! I used,and made, "Pigs worst nightmare" rub and YOUR..."Roxy's rib glaze" in the cook-off.About thirty some competitors,including a few PRO teams.And......cooked with apple and cherry wood mix....
And......THAT ALL was good enough for a 3' tall,very nice,third place trophy and some Cash to boot dude!

I DO have pics.
Right now i am too lazy to upload and downsize them.
Pics will be posted soon.

I could awake in the morning and drink a fresh cup of your rib glaze.It IS that good.
SteevieG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01 13 3:42 am    Post subject: Refrigerate? Reply with quote

Roxy,

Great looking glaze and I'm going to use it this evening on some baby backs.

I read all 8 pages and didn't see anyone ask how long this would last in the refrigerator. I'm guessing it will last a long time since there really isn't anything to go bad.

Also, how many slabs will the original recipe glaze?

Thanks again!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01 13 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Refrigerate? Reply with quote

SteevieG wrote:
Roxy,

Great looking glaze and I'm going to use it this evening on some baby backs.

I read all 8 pages and didn't see anyone ask how long this would last in the refrigerator. I'm guessing it will last a long time since there really isn't anything to go bad.

Also, how many slabs will the original recipe glaze?

Thanks again!

The batch is about enough for 2 racks of back ribs as that is about all I ever cook at home.. Never had any left over to put in the fridge...

Good luck and give it a try, you will love it..

By the way. I read a facebook post of a world famous BBQ'r who posted a clone of my recipe he used on back ribs.......
LIAR #100
ICDEDTURKES
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02 13 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone substituted the Honey for Pure Maple Syrup for the sake of change. I think it would provide the same things as the honey in terms of shine and sweet, but may change the flavor profile for something different..

Doing two pork loins tomorrow and this glaze is great on them, may try maple syrup on one.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02 13 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
Has anyone substituted the Honey for Pure Maple Syrup for the sake of change. I think it would provide the same things as the honey in terms of shine and sweet, but may change the flavor profile for something different..

Doing two pork loins tomorrow and this glaze is great on them, may try maple syrup on one.

Yeah you can switch out the honey.. I have not tried it with this recipe but I have done maple syrup glaze before with great results.. It will make the glaze some what thinner I would guess..
LIAR #100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: