FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roxy's rib glaze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02 11 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Buck.. Not bad for a Canadian eh.. Laughing
LIAR #100
Buckru
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02 11 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait... yer a Canadian?

Starting the search for a new glaze... Laughing
Bunqui
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04 11 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see this one is still going so strong. I like the apple jack twist. Keep going Roxy. Very Happy

Weber Smokey Joe
LIAR#38
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04 11 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunqui wrote:
Nice to see this one is still going so strong. I like the apple jack twist. Keep going Roxy. Very Happy

Me too.. Next batch of ribs will be done with the Apple Jack.

I sure loved it in allsmokenofire's Oklahoma Apple Pie.
LIAR #100
alau

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17 11 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxy, I am going to try this on some ribs this weekend.

Does it work well with chicken too?
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17 11 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alau wrote:

I do not know about chicken as I have never tried it.. Give it a shot and let me know what ya think..
LIAR #100
alau

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17 11 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
alau wrote:

I do not know about chicken as I have never tried it.. Give it a shot and let me know what ya think..

I will let you know...and of course I will take some pictures!
Forkin Pork
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21 11 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've read enough on this subject.............I gonna have to try the glaze, Im sold. Laughing

Ceritfied KCBS Judge
Weber Silver. ECB, UDS
Up Graded Backwoods Party w/GURU
2011 Lang 84 Deluxe
2 fat boys bbq

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16 11 9:38 am    Post subject: WOW! Reply with quote

I tried this sauce tonight. If I could describe it in one word its.... AMAZING!
Its simplicity and great taste are outstanding.
I had to use rum because we were out of bourbon. Mad I cant wait to try this as it should be, with the bourbon.
2 thumbs up Roxy.
skybob
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19 11 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roxie, long time no chat. Just dropped back in to see what's cook'n and lo and behold that rib glaze just caught my eye. It may even go fairly good on a turkey. I'm going to be smoking a bird this weekend and will try it.
Great seeing your posts again.

Pellethead Pitmaster
weihl165

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22 12 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this glaze last night and it was amazing. Thanks so much for sharing!! And the taters were to die for, so much flavor.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23 12 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you and the GF liked it.
LIAR #100
Kev UK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 12 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don' get the chance to fire up the smoker too often, I'm in England and we are not having a great summer.

Still managed some spare ribs today and used this glaze, it's the perfect finishing touch.
mikekhelxD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19 12 3:37 pm    Post subject: Urgent! Reply with quote

As if I haven't spent so much time looking for rubs and glaze, I can't believe I missed this one. Maybe it is something about me don't like the idea of a sticky... weird, I know.

Anyway, i'm planning to smoke this weekend and I will be using Roxy's own apple rub, the pig's nightmare one. Moving on, I was wondering what bourbon was used for this recipe? I know people say that JD isn't a technically a bourbon, but that's what I got from Roxy's posts here. I personally hate, I mean HATE, JD, but maybe if it all makes the difference for this glaze, I'd consider to stock one up.

I also read that some people used applejack brandy, but is it really better or made a huge difference with whatever bourbon used?

From those pictures on the OP, I can't wait for this recipe to be tested by myself.
weihl165

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19 12 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like jack, try Jim Beam
22.5 Weber kettle
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19 12 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Urgent! Reply with quote

mikekhelxD wrote:
Anyway, i'm planning to smoke this weekend and I will be using Roxy's own apple rub, the pig's nightmare one. Moving on, I was wondering what bourbon was used for this recipe? I know people say that JD isn't a technically a bourbon, but that's what I got from Roxy's posts here. I personally hate, I mean HATE, JD, but maybe if it all makes the difference for this glaze, I'd consider to stock one up.

I also read that some people used applejack brandy, but is it really better or made a huge difference with whatever bourbon used?

From those pictures on the OP, I can't wait for this recipe to be tested by myself.

The apple rub is not mine, wish I could take credit for that one. Portergolf is the master mind behind that creation.

You can use what ever bourbon you like. I really dont think it makes that huge a difference. The only bourbon I buy is Woodford Reserve and I hate to use that for a glaze.
LIAR #100
mikekhelxD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20 12 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Urgent! Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
mikekhelxD wrote:

The apple rub is not mine, wish I could take credit for that one. Portergolf is the master mind behind that creation.

You can use what ever bourbon you like. I really dont think it makes that huge a difference. The only bourbon I buy is Woodford Reserve and I hate to use that for a glaze.

I'm deeply sorry. I posted it very late and had it confused with your recipes.. I've read a lot of your recipe at the same time last night.. Wink .

Anyway, what alcohol did you used for this glaze roxy? Also, i'm assuming any bbq sauce will do? I'm planning to use a store bought one, Sweet Baby Rays in particular, will that be a bad idea because of the sweetness of it and the sugars in the glaze? Should I just cut back on the sugar from your recipe?

Another question, can I use light brown sugar than turbinado sugar? I've been on at least 5 stores and they don't have it. Maybe there are other names for it?
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20 12 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Urgent! Reply with quote

mikekhelxD wrote:
roxy wrote:
mikekhelxD wrote:

I'm deeply sorry. I posted it very late and had it confused with your recipes.. I've read a lot of your recipe at the same time last night.. Wink .

Anyway, what alcohol did you used for this glaze roxy? Also, i'm assuming any bbq sauce will do? I'm planning to use a store bought one, Sweet Baby Rays in particular, will that be a bad idea because of the sweetness of it and the sugars in the glaze? Should I just cut back on the sugar from your recipe?

Another question, can I use light brown sugar than turbinado sugar? I've been on at least 5 stores and they don't have it. Maybe there are other names for it?

No need to be sorry, honest mistake.

SBR will work just fine.

I mostly use JD but you can use anything you want, last time I used dark rum. You can use brown sugar if you cant find the other.
LIAR #100
mikekhelxD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20 12 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Thanks for the lightning response Roxy. I'll probably use rum instead unless I go to my buddies house and get him drunk to get a 1/8 cup of JD from his shelf Wink.

I might try mixing rum with lychee liqeuer i have lying around for extra smell. I know i know, my ribs are turning into a girlie one. I can't wait to make and taste this rub.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20 12 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikekhelxD wrote:
^ Thanks for the lightning response Roxy. I'll probably use rum instead unless I go to my buddies house and get him drunk to get a 1/8 cup of JD from his shelf Wink.

I might try mixing rum with lychee liqeuer i have lying around for extra smell. I know i know, my ribs are turning into a girlie one. I can't wait to make and taste this rub.

I love the lychee stuff though I have not tried it in a glaze. You might be onto something.

Be sure to take some pix. Wink
LIAR #100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: