FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WSM stacker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesman250
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Jun 10 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe i am missing something here, but the stacker does not seem like much of a deal. For 80 plus shipping, it could easily be 100+ by the time you get it to the door. And you still cannot reach the bottom grate of the original WSM body with out lifting off the top grate. On the other hand, you can get a second WSM for 200 bucks, or a pro bbq for 120 on Ebay right now?Here

Wouldn't i be better off getting a whole pro BBQ or a third WSM? I only ask because i was pricing out the stacker on Fred's Music and BBQ, and saw the Pro BBQ on the ebay
roxy
BBQ All Star

The link you post is not for a ProBBQ smoker, it is for a knock off that is using a play on the ProBBQ name so folks will find their product when they search for smokers on Ebay.

The PrBBQ stacker offers a way to add a third grill to the WSM which is a good thing as there is no way to increase its capacity, until now. I used mine for the first time this weekend and I am so pleased with how it worked... If it is possible, it made the WSM was way more stable in temp through 18 hours of cooking. It barely went 5 degrees either way of the 225 I had it dialed into. I kept turning my thermometer on and off just to make sure it was working...

All in all, if any one is looking to increase the space on their WSM without having to fire up another cooker.. The ProBBQ stacker is the way to go. After all it is less than half the cost of a new WSM..

Anyways, that my 2 cents worth.
LIAR #100
bluesman250
BBQ Pro

Thanks Roxy. That is good to know. I need to increase capacity this year, and have been looking at alot of options. Did you find you needed to use more charcoal with the stacker in it? Also, how the was the grate temp difference between all of the racks? Last, and most important, because i want to add a ProBBQ to my arsenal, how do you tell whether or not a probbq is real? being as new as they are, i want to avoid to rip-offs.
roxy
BBQ All Star

Well, I have not used my WSM in almost a year now as I have been using ProBBQ frontiers exclusively. I got 13 hours out of a full load of charcoal before the temps started to drop and I need to refuel. I used a mixture of lump and briquettes so I think it would have gone longer on straight briquettes.

If you are interested in adding a ProBBQ to your collection I would suggest you look at the ProBBQ excel as it is bigger than a WSM and has a larger charcoal basket so it is going to cook even longer than the WSM does.. It might cost more than a WSM but its bigger and better and is well worth the extra cash.. Not that there is any thing wrong with a Frontier, took a first in pork and second and a third in brisket last season using a frontier.

http://www.probbq.co.uk/Excel.html
LIAR #100
bluesman250
BBQ Pro

Thanks Roxy. I emailed that seller, and asked him to provide a model number and manufacturer. If he is selling fraud, i will forward that Ebay. Have you noticed a big temp difference between the bottom, middle, and top rack on that Pro BBQ?
roxy
BBQ All Star

bluesman250 wrote:
Thanks Roxy. I emailed that seller, and asked him to provide a model number and manufacturer. If he is selling fraud, i will forward that Ebay. Have you noticed a big temp difference between the bottom, middle, and top rack on that Pro BBQ?

I have seen about a little less than 10 degree difference between grills... When I use an empty water pan there is less difference. maybe 5 or 6 degrees. the water seems to make some sort of difference using three grills. Dont know why. Now there is a huge difference if you fire the frontier up with one stacker over two stacker's or three stacker's..

I have played a lot with the frontier and as an example, with a good load of fuel, one stacker will run like 275, with two it will be 250 ish and with the extra stacker down to 230 on the top grill. Take the water pan out and you got 350 degrees with 3 stacker's... The options are endless as to what you can do with this cooker.

By the way, that smoker you posted is a BBQ Pro not a "ProBBQ"
LIAR #100
ProBBQ
BBQ Fan

The unit you link to on ebay, is similar to an ECB (Brinkmann Smoke'n Grill) and is not worth the money.

Stacked & Smokin Hot!
www.macsbbq.co.uk
bluesman250
BBQ Pro

Well the seller, who ever he really is, is sure trying to make it look like a ProBBQ. He even claims that while it is not identical, it is manufactured by the same people. Here is his reply

"This smoker is manufactured by the same manufacturer as the Pro BBQ. It is NOT identical.
Thanks,
Dennis"

Sounds like some kind of con to me.
ProBBQ
BBQ Fan

I can confirm that it is made by the same factory (they make all sorts)... If you want a container load, I can probably get them for about $20.00.
I've had words with the seller before, but I can't stop him from saying it's like the ProQ, WSM or whatever make he decides.

Stacked & Smokin Hot!
www.macsbbq.co.uk
KenP
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jun 11 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, just when I was set to get the WSM, I see this thread and the 20" Pro. Then I see this:
http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/PRO_Q_BBQ_FRONTIER_STACKER_BUNDEL_DEAL_p/prqfrontier-bundle-1.htm

Other than having to bend the ribs more to get them in, or maybe a couple would fit on a rack, I can't really think of a reason not to get this.

Any comments?
BBQCZAR
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jun 17 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freds now say they are sold out of the WSM stacker units,does this mean they have them in and are shipping ? Anyone know of an update on these ? Thanks !
Doc1680
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jun 17 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQCZAR

They do not have the stackers yet. They should be in the states within the next couple of weeks. Fred says that all of the stackers that are coming in have been consumed by pre-orders. Once the stackers come in they will see if there are any left overs and let us know. He has promised to keep the ring updated on the situation.

Doc
rgrunz

PostPosted: Jul 06 2008    Post subject: WSM Stacker Update? Reply with quote

Does anyone have an update on the availability and pricing for a WSM Pro Stacker? Thanks
"Where there's smoke... There's good eatin"
Doc1680
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jul 07 2008    Post subject: Re: WSM Stacker Update? Reply with quote

rgrunz wrote:
Does anyone have an update on the availability and pricing for a WSM Pro Stacker? Thanks

Doc1680 wrote:
Fred says that all of the stackers that are coming in have been consumed by pre-orders. Once the stackers come in they will see if there are any left overs and let us know.

And the price is $99.99

Doc
BBQCZAR
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jul 15 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any updates or info on these ? I ordered mine in march and sure would like to get it.I called Freds on July 8th and they said they were still held up at customs.I wonder how many weeks it will be to clear customs,then shipping to Fred's ? Anyone have any more info than this ? Thanks !
Doc1680
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jul 15 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQCZAR wrote:
Anyone have any updates or info on these ? I ordered mine in march and sure would like to get it.I called Freds on July 8th and they said they were still held up at customs.I wonder how many weeks it will be to clear customs,then shipping to Fred's ? Anyone have any more info than this ? Thanks !

Here ya go.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18806

Doc
BBQCZAR
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jul 16 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked to Fred's today,mine were both shipped out yesterday,should be here by Fri. I am anxious to try them out and see how they work.These should really make a differnece in the cooking capacity of the WSM.
BBQCZAR
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jan 08 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have one of these old stacker units for the WSM 18" that they want to sell ? New or used I'm looking for one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: