FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anybody like their pellet smoker/grill?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agaffer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07 19 7:24 am    Post subject: Does anybody like their pellet smoker/grill? Reply with quote

I had a Stumps smoker for 15 years and loved it. Sold it to get a ceramic cooker because I didn't need such a large capacity anymore plus, I wanted to also grill. Didn't like the ceramic grill as much as the Stump because it took more work to control the temperature and used a lot more charcoal but, was satisfied.
Moved from the mountains to the coast and sold the ceramic cooker before moving along with a lot of things to minimize truck space.
Once settled into my new house, and now on a retirement income, I really wanted another Stump but couldn't afford it.
Since the house came with a very good built in gas grill I didn't need the smoker/grill combo of a Big Green Egg so, I bought a pellet grill. They are reasonable in price and of course come with a reputation of easy to use.
It holds temp. perfectly, and a lot of smoke comes out of it. But, flavor wise it barely tastes any different than meat cooked in a kitchen oven. Just wondering if others have found the same thing.
MountainMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09 19 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope..........
Love my FEPG1000 it dose it all.

Check out different brands of pellets (makes a BIG difference).
Some are 100% wood as advertised and others may be anything.
missin44

PostPosted: Sat May 25 19 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my MAK 1 Star.
Bubba's BBQ Shack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11 19 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first had an IPT pellet pooper, very little smoke flavor. I now have a Pit Boss and the smoke flavor is much better. If you like heavy smoke, stick burner is the way to go. Mild smoke, the right pellet pooper will do the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: