FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Pellet Grills

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eviesdad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30 19 4:45 am    Post subject: New to Pellet Grills Reply with quote

Hey guys! I've been smoking and grilling for 8-9 years and have a BGE and love everything about it. Recently I received a Traeger from my wife for Father's Day, so I was beyond excited. Unfortunately, the temp wouldn't regulate. It would keep shooting up to 450 degrees +, even on the smoke setting! I exchanged it for another with high hopes, but this time the auger screwed up halfway through the cook. For some reason it started turning and didn't stop, resulting in the firebox overflowing with pellets and and the fire choking out. I took it back and get a full refund. I was done at this point. I did some research and found Z Grills, who used to produce grills for Traeger until 2017, when they decided to produce their own. From what I hear, they are virtual carbon copies of the Traeger at a much better price. I ordered the Z Grills 550B and can't wait for it to get here! Any of you have any hands on experience with a Z Grills pellet grill?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: