FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotisserie Smoker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cghanso

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02 19 3:43 am    Post subject: Rotisserie Smoker Reply with quote

Hello:

I am interested in a rotisserie smoker, something along the lines of an Ed Marrow (or any of the products that came from his design like a Mule Tuf, Heartland, etc.).

Is it my imagination, or have the demand for these type of pits lessened in favor of gravity-fed or other upright insulated smokers?

If any of you have BOTH a rotis-type and an insulated-type I would love to hear your comments.

Thanks in advance!
brutus1964
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10 19 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a heartland rotisserie cooker. I had it built to 36 diameter and 48 long with 12x44 racks. The larger diameter allowed for the wider racks. I really like it although it has advantages and disadvantages. I normally don't have to rotate or turn my meat when cooking and its self basting for the most part. Mine holds heat about the same as any other stick burner once its dialed in. It will run about 275 and I feed 1 split about every 50 minutes to an hour. It will run hotter with a larger coal base. The only disadvantage ive found is that you have to have a power source for the rotisserie. hope this helps.

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got"- Henry Ford
Mustang_51D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19 19 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the power source to spin the meat sure beats having to turn a handle yourself like you're trying to start a Ford T engine!
Anyways, I'll be following that thread, as I really like that kind of cookers; partly because rotisserie chicken was one of my favorite things in the world as a kid!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: