FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help figuring out how to hold BBQ Chicken.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokeit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27 18 9:08 pm    Post subject: Need some help figuring out how to hold BBQ Chicken. Reply with quote

Thinking about purchasing a Meadow Creek Chicken cooker to serve Fire Company style Chicken at my restuarant.
I pretty much have the cooking part covered. It’s the holding and the reheating that i need some help with. We already serve Hickory Smoked BBQ Brisket, Pulled Pork and Pit Beef.
Just never have done Chicken.
Open to any and all the help I can get.

Smokehouse Tavern BBQ, Lloyd Freeburn
THEHOMEBUTCHERINGGROUP at YAHOOGROUPS dot COM
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28 18 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best option from my point of view is look into a cvap, not only for your chicken, but I think you'd be surprised at its ability to hold your other items. Do some searches in this forum and you'll find some posts about cvap's.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02 18 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CVAPs are great. Once you get it dialed in, they work wonders. They are also very expensive. Your budget WILL come into play.

Regular holding cabinets will work. I wouldn't want to be holding chicken for hours on end, but a few isn't bad.

Chicken is such a "fast" cook, have you thought about cooking in batches throughout the day (at least two if not three)? That and a regular holding cabinet might suit you well.

I'm not a fan of reheating chicken. Come up with a plan to use the leftovers...brunswick stew, bbq chicken salad, pulled chicken, chicken tacos, etc. But the original barbecued chicken should be served fresh.
slippery chicken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05 18 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,t think about it, don't walk, run to the nearest Meadow
Creek dealer and buy that chicken cooker. It is the best thing you will ever do. Makes the best chicken in town and you really cant mess it up. Just Sprinkle on Meadow Creek spicy bbq seasoning and thats it. One hour later you will have perfect chicken every time.
Lang 84
Superior vertical
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: