FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meatloaf & Baked Potatoes on the Cobb Supreme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Dave
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27 18 3:21 pm    Post subject: Meatloaf & Baked Potatoes on the Cobb Supreme Reply with quote

Not much going on over here so I have a small cook to put up that I did yesterday. Hey, it's better than nothing!!

This cook and smoke was done on the Cobb Supreme Grill which is their largest Stainless Steel grill.

I served the meatloaf and potatoes with some broccoli with cheese sauce and a piece of garlic bun. I even got a pretty nice smoke ring on the meatloaf.

The ingredients for this meatloaf were about 2 pounds of fatty hamburger and a pound of zesty hot pork sausage. To that I added some chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, some crackers, a little catsup and a couple of eggs.

Ready to be mixed up and formed into a loaf.

I formed my meatloaf on a pizza screen as I didn't want to use a pan of any kind as I wanted as much smoke to get to the meat as possible. The potatoes were rubbed with peanut oil and I sprinkled on a good rub for some additional flavor.

I started with about 18 all hardwood briquets and then added some hickory pieces for my smoke wood. I do like smoke flavor on my meatloaf.

I planned to operate the cooker at about 225-250F degrees so I blocked off 4 of the exhaust holes to make it easy to control the cooker where I wanted it. It operated like a dream although I did have to add 7 more briquets to get the cook done.

My cook going on the cooker..notice all the smoke.

Was a cool morning with the ambient temperature at about 28F degrees. Just a great morning to do a cook.

Ready to come off of my Cobb Supreme. I took the meatloaf to 165F internal and pulled it off of the cooker. The cook took about 1 hour and 45 minutes and I ran a temperature of about 215F to about 265F during the cook.

The first few slices off of my 3 pound meatloaf.

I think that is a nice looking slice of meatloaf.

Sure made a nice lunch.
Canadian Bacon
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27 18 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey OD....I still lurk to see if anyone is around...nice looking meatloaf.
Yes you did get a nice smoke ring on that loaf....smoked meatloaf has to be my favorite ways of cooking them.
Napoleon Legend Gasser
20"& 26" Discada
Two of the fastest Thermapens ever made ... Black& Blue
LIAR #25
brutus1964
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28 18 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another nice cook dave.

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got"- Henry Ford
Mike Lawry
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02 18 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey old Dave, looks good, send me a plate .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: