FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logistics question on smoked wings.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
auto5man
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07 17 8:21 am    Post subject: Logistics question on smoked wings. Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm doing a booster club HS school fundraiser and have a logistics question. We'll be pre selling orders for the Super Bowl. One of the items will be smoke wings, but I have some questions. Depending on the quantity sold, I'll probably be smoking the wings the day before pick up (and then refrigerating them), then will have to heat them up per order close to the customer pick up time. Would you pop them in the microwave? (doesn't sound like a good option). Maybe smoke to an underdone point the day before, and hit em in a deep fryer at pick up time? Go from fridge to the oven for couple minutes under the broiler at serve time? Any advice on the best way to accomplish this? There are two restaurants in town here that have smoked wings on the menu.....and I know they have to cook them in advance and then heat them up somehow at the time of ordering (and they are awesome)....how do they do it?

Thanks,

Dave
DPP Clone Build in progress: http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65139&start=0
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07 17 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a caterer but I do a lot of wings. I smoke then flash fry at 375 for about a minute. If I have leftovers I refrigerate then fry for 2-3 min...
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08 17 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not suggest par cooking. I would, however, suggest fully cooking being careful to just get the wings done. Then reheat by frying. You can test a few wings to see how long they take to reach 165 for the reheat (also makes a good snack). Since you have a fryer this is an easy answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: