FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perfect Smoking Weather, see the results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30 17 11:29 pm    Post subject: Perfect Smoking Weather, see the results Reply with quote

Its amazing in Boston these days for smoking. Cool overnight but not sweating at the pit during the day.

Weekend 1

Nice little fatty wrapped up to go. First time stuffing it with veggies (peppers/mushrooms) and it changes the texture and taste a lot in a great way. This one was geared at the philly cheese steak crowd and was good with steak sauce or cheese sauce.

Here at the two racks I did with it - playing with too new sauces and foil combos. They got a little dark on me and holding them for an hour didn't help the texture at all but you all get the point. Practice practice.

the pile together - really just so you can see the finished fatty and prove the ribs were a bit over done by the time i sliced.

Weekend 2 - BEEF

Had a sales meeting near an RD so it was dino bones and brisket for me. Cooked two slabs of beef ribs both done simply with SPG only. No wrapping, dry water pan in the WSM and cooked for 7 hours until we hit 203.

No sauce

Sauced (made the Wicked Good BBQ Sauce V2 in the book "Pitmaster" by Husband & Hart and it sits perfect on these)

then overnight, it was brisket time

Trimmed way down compared to my normal patter, injected, hit with Tender Quick (overboard), rinsed and rubbed with some A1 then wrapped for 8 hours.

Out of the foil sitting at 200 for a few minutes and a hot picture, then rested wrapped tight in a cambro for 2 hours.

Here are some slices and chunks, notice the hilarious smoke ring, whoops! Tasted really great and had an awesome pull. Fatty was better than the flat but all mixed up damn fine with a Kansas City style sauce.

thanks for looking!
SmokingPiney

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03 17 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking cooks!

I have it on sound authority that time spent with the smoker or grill is not deducted from one's life. Very Happy
BRBBQ
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01 17 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all looks good, thanks for sharing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: