FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DigiQ or BBQ guru?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbelson
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 17 3:47 am    Post subject: DigiQ or BBQ guru? Reply with quote

Anyone use one on their ceramic grills? How about an ash basket? What are your thoughts?
Agaffer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 17 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the DigiQ for years on my BGE. Even though once you get to know your EGG you can get pretty good at setting the lower and upper vents for the temp you want, personally I slept better at night knowing that the BBQ Guru DigiQ was there minding the smoker.

Now I have the ceramic Monolith with the CyberQ and am glad I switched to it from the BGE.

You asked, "BBQ GURU or DigiQ" the first is a company the second is one of their products.
jbelson
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04 17 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still having trouble with the temp on my pit boss ceramic grill and cant get 250 steadilly which is why I wanna try it.
Agaffer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04 17 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBQ Guru DigiQ works great. There is still a bit of learning curve. You need to find out with your grill how open the slide on the fan should be, I have found with all three of my smokers about 1/4 of the way open works. Also, you need to figure out how open your top vent should be. I would say that as you start to approach your target temp, try closing it down to a "slit", maybe about 1/8 inch.
jbelson
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05 17 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats very helpful, thank you
jbelson
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08 17 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a couple of cooks with the the digi-Q and it is awesome. Can cook overnight. Last cook had the fire going for 13 hours without any hiccups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: