FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Seasoning Recipe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xring01
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19 17 6:53 am    Post subject: My Seasoning Recipe Reply with quote

One of the key reasons why I make my own Seasoning. In my opinion. The majority of everything you can buy commercially is pure salt. Or Tastes that way.

I like a little salt, but I also like other flavors of Garlic, Onion, Pepper and other things... If you put alot of commercially made seasoning on your food, it typically tastes just like salt.

My seasoning is literally a everyday recipe. It can be used on Eggs, Taters, Mushrooms/Onions, Grilled Veggies (Zucc, Squash, Asparagus) , Burgers, Tri Tips, Steaks, Chicken, Fish. My kids put it on Broccoli and all canned veggies. It has a bit of salt, which IMHO allows all the other flavors to come out.

Anyway 12-15 years ago, I pretty much perfected my recipe. I started giving it away to my customers and family members around Xmas time.

I continually kept hearing the same feedback..
You gotta start selling this stuff, or
Why arent you selling this??
One bottle a year is not enough, I want to buy more...

After hearing that for 1000th time the other day, I kinda gave it some thought. I know I will probably not make a dime, nor do I have much time to devote to this.

Over the weekend, I came up with a name for the first product, and the name of the Company, list of other seasoning products that I will make.

Have a guy linked here working on my Logo right now.

Have any of your ever thought about this? Any words of advice. I am not quitting my day job, this is more or less a hobby, best case it profits me enough to pay for all the Give A Ways that I do for my day job.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22 17 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times...my seasoning...is only salt.

So, there that.

LoL
biker.chef
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22 17 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread is titled "My Seasoning Recipe"
So I expected to see a recipe.........

Good luck in your endeavors.

Paul
EAT BACON
xring01
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22 17 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if I would get a reply...

Trust me, for 14-15 years, I have given it away, I kept getting the same response.. .

So I finally invested a couple $$$, to see if it might sell.

I take it no one on here has ventured upon this path?
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26 17 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never did this with seasoning or sauce but have launched 6 music festivals and 100's of live events. Its always a rush and always a pile of hand to hand combat.

my suggestion is that you start by getting "all those people" who told you to sell it to buy a few bottles and start hitting the streets for you. They sort of owe you!

Have these super fans take a bottle to their break/lunch room, to their next bbq for the chef, buy into the roach coaches that go around job sites, small butcher shops, get some food trucks using it and hit up the farmers markets. Make sure you have social sites reserved with the same /XXNAMEXXX so people can easily share their love of the product. then watch it grow.

Forget fighting for shelf space at C-stores or in bbq magazines.

my two cents.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: