FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smokehouse Maple Sausage and Egg Hash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Dave
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30 17 1:28 pm    Post subject: Smokehouse Maple Sausage and Egg Hash Reply with quote

This McCormick Grill Mates recipe has ben all over the web in the last week or two and the recipe shows it done in a cast iron skillet on a gas grill but I decided to try it in my little Cobb Grill in an all Stainless steel pan. It came out quite well.

I used the larger charcoal basket from the Cobb BBQ Kit and loaded it with 18 all hardwood briquets from my Weber small charcoal chimney. I need a medium hot fire for this treat.

Added a little oil and my smoked sausage for the first step in this recipe. This cooked about 5 minutes.

Next were the veggies consisting of chopped onions, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and some spices. This cooked about 6 minutes.

Next was about 3 cups of frozen hash browns. This cooked about 6 minutes.

Next, I stirred in about a cup of sharp Cheddar cheese. I cooked this about 2 minutes and made 4 indentations on the top of the cook for the eggs.

Just after I cracked four eggs into the pan.

Used a lid to help get the eggs done and I also warmed up my muffins at the same time.

It is done and ready to come off of the Cobb.

This picture got fuzzy...I musta been in my cups, anyway, I added some chopped cilantro and a little sour cream and served with some garden tomatoes and cottage cheese and a slice of cantaloupe.

I’ll do this one again...
brutus1964
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30 17 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great looking cook Dave. I have seen this done before but you knocked it out of the park. Very Nice.

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got"- Henry Ford
Snowsmoke
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23 17 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool way to adapt that recipe, no go on cottage cheese for me but it probably added a great texture to those bites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: