FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U burners for griddle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Flat Top & Griddle Grilling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnew17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16 17 6:49 am    Post subject: U burners for griddle Reply with quote

Where is the best place to get U burners for a griddle? I am going to be making a Blackstone clone and was just wondering.

Also if anybody has an ideas on how to attach the burners or pictures of the burner set up on their Blackstone i would appreciate it. Thanks
KMM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17 17 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are building from scratch, why not use pipe burners instead of "U" burners? Pipe burners will produce more heat and allow for more heat control across the griddle plate.
bnew17

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17 17 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more i research the more i agree that is the way to go. Seems much less expensive too? I would thinking drilling all of those holes in thr pipe would be a tremendous headache, unless there was pipe pre drilled?
KMM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22 17 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been down the "how hard can it be to accurately drill a straight line of holes in a pipe" road.....Unless you are already setup with a decent drill press complete with an accurate mill vice or a Bridgeport mill, it is almost impossible to do a good job. Even with aforementioned equipment, it is a time consuming job. Even if you manage to drill the pipe, you will still need to cut threads, then source a Venturi (good luck) and tips. Since it sounds like you are doing a one-off build, it is probably better to bite the bullet and go with something from Tejas smokers (custompipeburners.com).
They can supply everything you will need (complete burners, manifolds, controls, etc.
Keep us posted on progress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Flat Top & Griddle Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: