FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rec-tec smokers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skinny Pete

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19 17 1:08 pm    Post subject: Rec-tec smokers Reply with quote

So, I've been looking at getting a pellet smoker for a while, and I've read a bit about Rec-Tec smokers, Green Mountains, Treagers, etc. anyone have any comment on them? Good? Bad? I just want something to add to my current arsenal so i can make awesome food during the week. My home built smoker (which was built a few years back using advice from all of you guys) takes over hour to get warmed up, plus i have to babysit the entire cook. I'm really liking the set-it-and-forget-it idea of the pellet smokers; just want something that is going to still give me the awesomeness of smoked food that my friends and family are used to me making, but having the flexibility of doing something during the work week or to throw in the camper and travel with it for the weekend would also be sweet. Let me know your thoughts!
heavymand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20 17 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy I work with has a traeger junior and loves it.
avengethis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21 17 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the Yoder YS640 recently and love it. Like you I wanted a set and forget type cooker for when I cant be home to monitor it. This thing is built solid, holds its temp very well and is producing a great product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: