FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Prepare Drop Off Tri-Tip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Midnight Smoker BBQ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01 17 4:38 am    Post subject: How to Prepare Drop Off Tri-Tip Reply with quote

When I am serving Tri-Tip I usually slice to order but I have been asked to do a drop off Tri-Tip for a party of 70 guests and I am not sure how I want to serve this. Would you serve long thin slices in a disposable pan or would you cut the long slices into shorter bite sized pieces? Would you add beef broth to the pan to help keep them moist or would you sauce the pieces instead?
Or maybe you have a completely different way of doing this that I have not considered?
I would like to hear all ideas, especially from those who have served drop off Tri-Tip.
Thanks
heavymand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20 17 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would tell your customer that to enjoy that cut of meat it has to be served and sliced from board to plate. It's lean and will not hold at temp in a warming cabinet or cooler and they will not be happy.
The Midnight Smoker BBQ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24 17 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavymand wrote:
I would tell your customer that to enjoy that cut of meat it has to be served and sliced from board to plate. It's lean and will not hold at temp in a warming cabinet or cooler and they will not be happy.

I agree but there is no choice this time. its gotta be drop off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: