FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server downtime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26 17 4:34 am    Post subject: Server downtime Reply with quote

The server was down overnight from Friday Feb 24 to Saturday Feb 25. For the past couple of weeks we have been attacked by hackers. They put files for a phishing site for a Brazilian bank on our server. I keep removing them but the kept putting them back in a different place. They eventually started deleting files from the server. I finally got everything restored but there is really nothing much I can do to prevent them from doing it again.
SmokeHound
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26 17 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Server downtime Reply with quote

Garry wrote:
The server was down overnight from Friday Feb 24 to Saturday Feb 25. For the past couple of weeks we have been attacked by hackers. They put files for a phishing site for a Brazilian bank on our server. I keep removing them but the kept putting them back in a different place. They eventually started deleting files from the server. I finally got everything restored but there is really nothing much I can do to prevent them from doing it again.

Stupid hackers. . . Evil or Very Mad

Lost track of all my pals on here the last 12 months and went to log back in last night to do some catching up and the site was down. I just about had a coronary! So glad you're back online!

New Braunfels stick burner
Weber-Smokey Joe
TBD-wishlist

~~~ and a big fat LIAR, too! ~~~
jeepdad
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26 17 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Server downtime Reply with quote

SmokeHound wrote:
Lost track of all my pals on here the last 12 months and went to log back in last night to do some catching up and the site was down. I just about had a coronary! So glad you're back online!

No way! SmokeHound! Really?! Wow, a blast from the past. I hope all is well. Long time no see.

--Dan
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26 17 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phishing site the hackers posted was for a bank in Brazil. I have been fighting them for over 2 weeks. I configured the server firewall to block all IP addresses from Brazil so hopefully that will put a stop to it.
SmokeHound
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26 17 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Server downtime Reply with quote

jeepdad wrote:
SmokeHound wrote:

No way! SmokeHound! Really?! Wow, a blast from the past. I hope all is well. Long time no see.

--Dan

I know! Been lurking and keeping up when I could but didn't have the time to really participate - private chef business kept me crazy busy. Things have calmed down (finally!) so now I can actually enjoy my favorite sites again.

Sure did miss y'all! Hope all is very well with you and yours! Smile

New Braunfels stick burner
Weber-Smokey Joe
TBD-wishlist

~~~ and a big fat LIAR, too! ~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: