FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how you hang your sausage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboy240

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16 16 9:54 am    Post subject: how you hang your sausage Reply with quote

Ok But Another Question, how do you all hang your sausage , i have stainless steel rods, but have trouble with the sausage touching, and leaving white marks, how do i go about fixing this , thanks
loungefly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21 16 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cut some one inch wooden dowels to fit in my smoker. They work like a charm. If you get them, make sure they are a hardwood dowel. You don't want anything that throws off a bad flavor and you certainly don't want anything that is treated. Best of luck.

CharGriller Pro
DPP Fat 50
ComradeQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22 16 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of someone that uses pieces of cardboard to push the sausages apart at the base when hanging on a dowel. That would only work I would think for cold smoked, not sure how the cardboard would withstand the heat of a cooker though ... but the temps are usually very low so it would likely hold up.

Personally, I just try to make sure the two sausages are only touching slightly together at the base. Sometimes it means a little patch doesn't get colour but I can live with that. It almost makes a heart shape, just use the resistance of each sausage to support one another and try to align them straight. It bothered me the first few times but if done right there will only be a small nickle sized area where they are pressing together that will not get smoke. I can live with that. Besides, most commercial smokies (good ones that are actually smoked) have the same thing in my experience.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23 16 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardwood dowels.
In a pinch, a broom stick will work if you remove the paint from it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: