FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuffer reccomendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suckaass
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05 15 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your looking for good recipes, you should also check out
Bruce Aidells book, if you don't already have it, I've been happy with a lot of the recipes in it.

As for the stuffer, I've had the LEM 5lb stuffer for several years now, and I love it.
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09 15 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big O,

You're gonna love the LEM stuffer. I have the one with metal tubes, but I don't think it's a big deal. I make sausage a few times per year and wish I had the 15lb'er, but it's not a big deal either. Much better than the KA no matter how much you are processing.

Also, in addition to Wedlinydomowe, look at Len Poli's recipes....they are great.

Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
S Roche

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25 15 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear the reviews of the LEM stuffer. I have thought of upgrading from an old Enterprise lard press that I have used for 25 years but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
BigOrson
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17 16 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I put the LEM through its maiden batch of Krakowska over the last 2 days. Used cheap pork butt (0.89/lb.!) and smoked hog jowls (much, much cheaper than bacon and less salty than fatback) in the mix. First 10 lbs had a few blowouts, but I figured out i was pinching the casing a tad too much off the tube. Corrected it and had only one other blowout in the next 10 lbs. Getting the casing on the tube is the most tedious part of stuffing sausages on this thing, even after coating the horn with Pam.

Pleased with the ease of use, how quickly the product comes together and the ease of cleaning. It will give your arm a workout, though. Overall, 2 thumbs up. Thanks for the help guys. Enjoying a Polish sausage sammitch as I type this.
cayenneman
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07 16 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigOrson wrote:
Well, I put the LEM through its maiden batch of Krakowska over the last 2 days. Used cheap pork butt (0.89/lb.!) and smoked hog jowls (much, much cheaper than bacon and less salty than fatback) in the mix. First 10 lbs had a few blowouts, but I figured out i was pinching the casing a tad too much off the tube. Corrected it and had only one other blowout in the next 10 lbs. Getting the casing on the tube is the most tedious part of stuffing sausages on this thing, even after coating the horn with Pam.

Pleased with the ease of use, how quickly the product comes together and the ease of cleaning. It will give your arm a workout, though. Overall, 2 thumbs up. Thanks for the help guys. Enjoying a Polish sausage sammitch as I type this.

Not the most timely reply but if you add a little water into the casing before putting it on the tube it goes on really easy. I had the same problem my self for a while. Took a class and that was one of the things I learned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: