FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making the Most of My Smoker???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
broomist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06 16 4:08 am    Post subject: Making the Most of My Smoker??? Reply with quote

Have heard lots about folks "tweaking" their lower end smokers for better performance... just got my Oklahoma Joe (Longhorn) smoker, and ran through a "seasoning run" to get rid of any "factory tang" and check for airflow. Noticed that there are a few places I want to improve the seal... one side of the door to the smoking chamber and a bit around the spot where the chimney joins that chamber. I understand there is some sort of "tape" one can use (furnace tape? gasket tape?). I understand the concept, just wonder if anyone could recommend a specific brand and/or source?
Smokin Mike
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06 16 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should work for the chimney leak; 3M™ High Temperature Flue Tape

And this compressible gasket material should help seal around the perimeter of your cooker doors.; http://bbqgaskets.com/cook-chamber/lavalock/self-stick.html

And some safety information about Nomex gaskets; http://www.nakedwhiz.com/gasketsafety/nomexgasketsafety.htm
sergeant_smoke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 16 3:00 am    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

I've got the same smoker and plan on similar mods. These are great ideas and I will have to give it a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Tech-Talk All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: