FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AC in Trailers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADGNova1028

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27 16 9:31 pm    Post subject: AC in Trailers Reply with quote

So quick question for everyone. We went on our first visit yesterday with a local guy who customizes concession trailers as we begin our business planning phase. Overall, the visit went very well and it was nice to finally get a visual of what we might want/need in a trailer.

The guy did mention one thing we found very interesting that I wanted to see what everyone else thought of from their experience. He said to not waste your money on putting in an air condition in the concession trailer because you will waste too much energy to try to and run it and get minimal results.

Now I fully expect that even with AC it is going to get hot in those trailers, especially on hot summer days. But from your experiences, is this a true statement or is it still worth the investment to have air condition?
fish&q
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28 16 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I did not have my ac in my trailer there is no way I could cook in it over the summer in Fla. This guy is full of crap I think I would be looking at someone else to build my trailer
Meadow Creek chicken cooker
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28 16 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it in my original trailer, didnt put it in #2 [ sold her Sad ] ....
Still have #1 trailer - ripped the cover off just so I can go under straight shot that dumps down cold air to get refreshed...
Hood in #2 trailer made a wind that whistled in windows, so it wasnt all that big of issue....I WILL be putting a/c in soon to be ordered #3 rig!!! Maybe 2 units!!
p.s. - I now run a 15kw Honda that doesnt even grunt with the current power usage....#3 will have more gas appliances than #1....
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28 16 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mrtonysbbq.com/
rig pictured near top of page will be for sale in Nov 2016 - less cube van and gen....[ 15kw runs all electric...less than $3k delivered...Can hook you up with supplier]
Lang 84d, freezer, holding ovens [ 1 LG with steam, one small] prep cooler, soda fridge, 4 steam tables, water system [ 40 gal fresh, 80 gal waste] , small flat top. shelving....Misc ....
Bidding will start at $25k complete...Have 4 guys interested at the moment, but money talks, bs walks...lol
Turn key less tow vehicle and gen!
Feeding 100+ head an hour [ $1k / hr ] at festival is a breeze the way she is set-up...Just provide the festival!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
ADGNova1028

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28 16 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, my partner and I were both a little skeptical of the comment but figured it could make sense given all the equipment you have running. I personally overheat very easily so anything I can do to help would probably be worth the money.

It's been tough tracking down concession trailer builders/used BBQ trailers here in the Mid-Atlantic. We might end up taking the trip down to SLE for a long weekend to check out what they have.

Tony - If we are still in the market by November maybe I'll get in touch with you! We are hopefully going to pull trigger on something by September.

Thanks,

Drew
bjbbq

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26 16 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC is nice to have even if its not gonna net you too much cooling when its real hot out. The big issue is if you have fryers like I do. They put off too much heat for the AC to compete with. So we sweat it out during selling hours in the heat and it runs full blast with minimal effect for our comfort.
The benefit is that even if it lowers the temp only a little could help keep reefers running cool. Also, early in the morning before selling hours it will be nice and cool area for prep etc... before you get it all fired up so to speak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: