FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cajun Shrimp & Bay Scallops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wingman
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05 13 2:00 pm    Post subject: Cajun Shrimp & Bay Scallops Reply with quote

Here is a great tasting seafood recipe that is one of my favorites. I used the Mad Hunky Meats "Hot Ass Whang" rub instead of Creole seasoning because the flavor profile in my opinion is a way better fit. I have to say that "man this dish is good". I came up with this when I went to the store to get a few things for lunch. They had a sale on Bay Scallops. Then I saw these nice big shrimp and thought Hot Ass Whang rub and a Cajun Seafood dish. I got me some bay scallops, large (16 - 22 ct) shrimp, green onion, mushrooms and garlic and planned a Cajun shrimp type cook. Then I thought... "Toss in some bacon!" So here it is. Not too spicy either. Just right for this dish. I have made this several times since and all who has tried it was pleasantly surprised and went back for more. Thanks for viewing.

Update: I failed to mention this would go great with Tatonka Dusted Tri Tip cooked slow @ 225 with some rosemary on it or a New York Strip, Ribeye, T-Bone or Flat Iron steak. Very Happy

Cook VIdeo
Recipe Details

Ingredients

Cajun Butter Sauce
1 stick no salt butter
1 tsp Mad Hunky "Hot Ass Whang" Rub
Aavailable @ MadHunkyMeats.com

Shrimp & Scallops
1 lbs. Large Shrimp - De-veined and shelled.
1 lbs. Bay Scallops
4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon - Cut Up
2 Stocks Green Onion
8 oz. Mushrooms
2 Cloves Fresh Chopped Garlic
Coarse Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Mad Hunky "Hot Ass Whang" Rub to Taste
I used about 2 tbsp and mixed it into the Shrimp & Scallops.

Pics

Yoder YS640
Yoder Wichita
Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
Santa Maria Style Cooker

Smoke it and they will come!
SmokingPit.com BBQ Recipes in HD Video
RICKPAUL

PostPosted: Wed May 11 16 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..That shore looks good Wing, gonna have ta try it.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: