FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Staub vs. Le Ceuset vs. Lodge, Any other Contenders?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deeptrail

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17 16 2:06 pm    Post subject: Staub vs. Le Ceuset vs. Lodge, Any other Contenders? Reply with quote

I'm weighing up my options before I purchase a Dutch oven and am after testimony from users of the above mentioned other other brands of Dutch oven, to help me make up my mind. I've picked these three brands as they are the ones cropping up the most when I'm looking around the net and when I ask friends and family on what they use or recommend. Le Creuset seems to come up the most with a few people swearing down they are the ones to get but the prices do seem high in comparison. Maybe there is a good, solid reason for this, or maybe there's just some overpricing going down. I've found some used Le Creuset's that are a lot more reasonably priced but if there's no clear difference in quality, isn't it just worth going for a new Lodge instead?

Last edited by deeptrail on Mon Mar 21 16 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete Mazz
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17 16 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my Lodge 9 Qt

Try my Smoker Builder Calculators
deeptrail

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18 16 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's definitely worth noting, as Lodge are coming up a lot cheaper than Le Creuset, yet people who own both, can't really see any difference in performance. I think people who only own Le Creuset DO's and that's all they've ever bought, are probably more inclined to say they are the ones to get, even though there are other brands that can easily compete. Will be interesting to get some more views on the subject too before I cast my deciding vote. Thanks.
PaulOinMA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20 16 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cast iron collector here. My user Dutch oven is a 7-quart Lodge. SKU is L10DO3
deeptrail

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21 16 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to sway towards a Lodge to be fair. I can buy a new lodge for a lot cheaper than some of the other brands, and from what I'm reading here and elsewhere, they perform just as well. I'll check out the SKU mentioned, thanks for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: