FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Event for 150 people tri-tip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_que_man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18 16 8:45 am    Post subject: Event for 150 people tri-tip Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a event next Saturday for about 150 people. They are requesting tritip sandwiches. I've done numerous amounts of tritip, but not for 150 people all at once. Questions I have are: How many tritips or pounds would I need for 150 people? If I'm correct I'm thinking one tritip will feed 4-5 people? If cut about 1/4 inch and about 4 slices of tritip for each sandwich? I hoping this will be a cut and serve per customer. Really, don't like cutting tritip prior to serving as it tends to dry out. Thoughts?
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19 16 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U usually figure 1# per person with Brisket, PP etc, but you wont have near the loss w/ tri-tip...Using Soezzy's catering planner

http://thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6531

I would plan on about 85 pounds, or 1/2 pound raw per person, that would allow 2 ok size sammies or 1 xl per person..Our "normal" sammies are 1/3 lb, but that can be manipulated based on bun size Wink The smaller the bun, the bigger the sandwich SEEMS when meat is hanging out. We also usually put out slider size buns for the petite eaters, that way they dont end up tossing good meat into the garbage!

Tri-tip would be best sliced to order, but with that many folks you may want to try pre-slicing and putting in some form of aujus....I have a couple I like, they come in paste form - not bullion cubes - simply mix with hot water.
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19 16 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the 'better than bouillon' in many recipe's, and is becoming widely available, but tick's me off that costco only carries the chicken here...The other one aint bad as a back-up Wink
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: