FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feijoada...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosco
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26 16 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat797 wrote:
Hey Rosco,

Do you have a recipe for pao de quejo? I've seen recipes on line, but they all call for regular flour and Parmesan cheese, and I'm pretty sure it's tapioca flour and mozzarella. Although I did have grilled cheese when I was there and it might have been that.....

Hoping you can help a brother out! Lol

Ed
Hi Ed, sorry, was in Hospital for a couple days, got knocked out of the site. First time I had Pao de Queijo it was like nothing I'd ever tasted before! Can't get enough. Can't get the wife to make it often enough either. You're right, it uses tapioca flour, and mozzarella, although some recipes use parmesian as well. Let me talk with the good looking one, see if I can talk her into making some for me, and I'll take notes! Give me a few hours.....Rich
Rosco
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26 16 8:24 am    Post subject: Pao de Queijo...Brazillian Cheese Bread Reply with quote

ED, here is an easy recipe for pao de queijo. You'll need:
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup olive oil
1 egg
1 1/2 cup Tapioca flour (Bob's Red Mill makes it, you can find it at whole foods, or any place that sells Bob's Red Mill products)
1/2 cup packed, grated cheese
1 tsp salt
Put all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin pan, and pour the batter into the muffin pan. Bake, at 400, for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly brown and puffy. Let cool and enjoy! Will make about 2 dozen rolls, if I recall...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: