FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tried the iGrill 2 and Took It Back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catfish
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01 15 8:30 am    Post subject: Tried the iGrill 2 and Took It Back Reply with quote

I bought an iGrill 2 last week and took it back tonight. The Bluetooth was good for about 15 feet ( not the 150 feet advertised). When I would get beyond 15 feet, the phone screen would drop off the temp display and go to the iDevices homepage. When I would get within 15 feet, the base temp unit display where the probes plug in would start switching between probes and I would have to shut down the app or the base display to make it stop. When I would get to the 15 foot distance from the smoker, it would drop out and do the same oscillation thing when I got back in range. I finally gave up and went back to my Accutemp and finished the cook with it.

I like the idea of a Bluetooth thermometer but will be a little gun shy on trying a new one for a while.

Also, you cannot submerge the probes to clean them or they will be ruined. At $25.00 a probe, that is not good. I do like the idea of four probes. One for the grate temp and three for the meat. Or four meat probes if you want. I know they are advertising on the board here but I wanted to give you all a heads up. Also, I submitted a trouble ticket last week and heard back from them on Friday. I tried their troubleshooting and still got the same results. I tried calling but never got to speak to anyone this afternoon. So I took it back to Academy Sports and used their "no hassle return policy". Thank goodness for that.

I still need to get a two probe thermometer. I guess a Maverick or similar thermometer is in my future.
biker.chef
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18 16 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluetooth range is a common complaint with iGrill.
Maverick also have a range problem but better than bluetooth.

Check out thermoworks.
EAT BACON
Pete Mazz
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18 16 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping the wifi therms will come down in price eventually.

Try my Smoker Builder Calculators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Tech-Talk All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: