FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bandanas - Eureka Missouri.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedneckRocket
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06 13 11:02 pm    Post subject: Bandanas - Eureka Missouri. Reply with quote

So I'm out on the road this week on business travel. Its late, nearly 8:00pm and I'm hungry. Starving actually. So I punch into the trusty Hertz GPS and start searching for BBQ.

Up comes this place called Bandanas. Its only about fifteen miles from my hotel and I'm hungry. Starving actually.

So I get there and theres a few cars in the parking lot. Not many but a few. But again its late. I go in and they seat me and give me a menue. They got all kinds of pork, chicken and beef. The place smells fantastic but at this point I'm so hungry, starving really that just about anything could have smelled good.

I ordered what they call the rib slab. When it came I was very impressed. There is so much food on this order its probably enough for two people.

The bread was excellent. Slightly crispy like they had toasted it on a grill and nice and buttery.

The coleslaw was in my mind spot on. Creamy and delicious.

The fries were also good but to be honest I didnt eat a whole lot of them since everything else was fantastic.

Now the ribs. These were so good I nearly cried! They looked to be dry rubbed amd came with no sauce on them. They have six or seven different sauces on the table to choose from. I tried them all and they were awesome. The spicy was my favorite followed by the KC style and the Chicago style.

They had an excellent bite and a smoke ring so beautiful you could write home to your mother about it.

The price...

Out the door with tax was $25.00 and change. For the quality and amout of food I felt it was a very good deal.

I have ate there twice now this week. Its been awesome both times.

Pappy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06 13 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also have one in Collinsville, IL. I have eaten there many times. They also sell their rib rub and sauces.
RedneckRocket
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 13 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pappy wrote:
They also have one in Collinsville, IL. I have eaten there many times. They also sell their rib rub and sauces.

I've never heard of them before. I should have asked about the rub. Guess I know where I'm eating tonight heheh...

Do you know if they have a web page to order from?
RedneckRocket
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 13 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I have eaten here three times this week and it was fantastic every time. I'm really going to miss the place. I leave for home at first light. I had to get a bottle of the Memphis BBQ sauce and a bottle of the rib rub.

By by Bandanas, I will miss you so heheheh....
Pappy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 13 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The location in Crystal City, MO caught on fire on Wednesday. It gutted the place. The news said it was the smoker that started it.

You can order sauces on-line.
http://www.bandanasbbq.com/
RedneckRocket
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 13 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pappy wrote:
The location in Crystal City, MO caught on fire on Wednesday. It gutted the place. The news said it was the smoker that started it.

You can order sauces on-line.
http://www.bandanasbbq.com/

That's to bad. Hopefully they can regroup form it.
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13 13 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneck,

They have one in Bloomington, IL.....very close to me. I hate the joint, but I'm glad that you liked it where you are at. From the looks of the pics you submitted, that joint looks a heck of a lot better than the one in Bloomington. I didn't think their sauces were too bad. I did notice that most of them have liquid smoke in them.

On a side note, if you are traveling through Springfield, IL for work, avoid the Smokey Bones at all costs. It sucks big time......Nary a smoke ring to be found in that joint and KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce on the table labeled as their own.

All the best,
Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
ralph weller
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14 13 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the best chain BBQ restuarant I have been to. Saying that I have not been to a Famous Daves.
Backwoods Fatboy,
Weber Kettle
ICDEDTURKES
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10 13 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat797 wrote:
Redneck,

They have one in Bloomington, IL.....very close to me. I hate the joint, but I'm glad that you liked it where you are at. From the looks of the pics you submitted, that joint looks a heck of a lot better than the one in Bloomington. I didn't think their sauces were too bad. I did notice that most of them have liquid smoke in them.

On a side note, if you are traveling through Springfield, IL for work, avoid the Smokey Bones at all costs. It sucks big time......Nary a smoke ring to be found in that joint and KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce on the table labeled as their own.

All the best,
Ed

On the girlfriend and I's turkey trip this spring we stopped at a Bandanas (somewhere).. I was very impressed for chain BBQ. As the OP suggested alot of food for the money $, ribs were the right kind of tender, brisket was good.. But as you pointed out I think the QC between these chain joints vary based on so many factors..

I will agree with you on Smokey Bones, we were out of town and one was in the hotel parking lot.. Terrible, ribs were tough as shoeleather, brisket was dry and the pulled pork only had a faint hint of smoke.. I did truly like their mustard sauce.. Most enjoyable part of the meal was the ice cold beer.
TheTony

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28 13 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently stopped at the Collinsville, IL location and was fairly impressed. The ribs and sausage were both very good.

@Cat797 I am in Springfield. Sadly, there aren't many quality places around here for good Q. The only place I'd ever suggest is PT's BBQ. It is a shack near South East High School. Pretty good spareribs and tips.
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30 13 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TheTony,

I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm in Springfield. We go to SE High School once a year for a show choir competition with the kids, so should be pretty close to it.

Interestingly enough, there is a new PT's BBQ now open in Bloomington (I live about 20 miles north of Bloomington).....I don't know if it's the same folks, but like you said, looks like a shack and not in the best part of town. One of my friends said it was good, so it's on my list to try.

I don't know why I do it, but I am generally unimpressed with eating barbecue out....My wife says I'm a glutton for punishment. I keep trying though!..... Cool

All the best,
Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
TheTony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 13 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Cat797 Aye, may indeed be the same. I know they have a location in Decatur, too.

Ha! I am in the same boat. I haven't had much good barbeche out, either. Yet I still drag my wife all over. I am surprised she puts up with it Laughing
Natural Hattrick 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21 15 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pappy wrote:

We ate their once coming home from the St. Louis Zoo. I thought it was good, wife and kids thought it was great. Took some sauce home with us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: