FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major Craigslist Score

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xring01
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Nov 23 2015    Post subject: Major Craigslist Score Reply with quote

Woke up this am, drinking some coffee, surfing the net..

Every now and then I search Weber on CL. I was browsing the ads... Weber Ranch Kettle.. $250

Emailed the guy, he responded an hour later, i was out the door within 10 minutes..

Its an older unit. Appearance its a 7 out of 10. I few places were the porcelain is chipped. They rattle can painted it flat black.. You can see a bit of rust were the porcelain chipped.

But it wasnt used much at all. The grates are are in great shape.. I mean great for its age.. Stand, wheels handles are all practically new.

Overall its a 8 out of 10..

Thinking about stripping the paint to see whats under it..

I would post pics but getting them sized correctly is to much of a pain.
xring01
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Nov 23 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, My day is getting better..

I have always appreciated a good weber charcoal grill..

Now that I have a Ranch Kettle, I googled some photo's, which lead me, to realize that the one I just bought is Old,, Like very old..

Major Collectors Item: I dont have this confirmed yet. But it appears that I have a 1964-1968 vintage ish...

But I have alot more to learn about this subject...

Someone who owned it prior to me, replaced some of the vintage parts with newer parts.. Newer Grate, Wheels, and Stand.. Which has me a bit confused on exactly what vintage I have. Its diffently prior to 1969..
Old Dave
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Nov 23 2015    Post subject: Ranch Kettle Site Reply with quote

In case you haven't found it yet....this is a good site for info on these big kettles.

http://weberkettleclub.com/grills/weber-ranch-kettle/

Dave
xring01
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Nov 24 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Dave,

Yep, thats the site that I found when I was searching for pics, and realized the one I bought was an older model..

But I didnt realize how old it was..

I might not ever know how old it is, it has had alot of parts replaced over the years.. Kind of a Hodge Podge of modern parts, to replace the older worn out parts.

One thing is for sure.. There are no Dates Codes on it, which indicates its pretty old..

The way the top lid mates to the bottom, havent seen any pics online of one similar yet....

Still searching..

Bottom Line: Its at a great home now, and will be very well taken care of.

The thing I like the most about this one.. I can use it for a great fire pit, smoker, grill, etc..

Cant wait to cook on it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: