FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

smoked DO cooks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cavman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23 15 9:22 am    Post subject: smoked DO cooks Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am new here, New to dutch ovens, but not new to smoking meats. I started with smoking in a little chief and finishing in a pressure cooker then a grill. Only did ribs. Food was good but to much work and I graduated to a propane smoker with a water pan. Made that work great for 10+ years. Now I am divorced and thinking about living in my rv. Long story short now back to a little chief and happy with it. Smoke flavor and inexpensive to run, light & portable. Efficent. However I am not pressure cooking anything. Now finishing in a Dutch oven. Have a 8" stovetop, 10" stovetop, & a12" camp oven. 3 cooks now, and the last pork butt I made was my best ever. This style of cooking fits my budget/lifestyle and is very satisfying, I do not want a WSM. I kinda feel on My own as anyone I have talked to, tells me something else to buy. I am not looking for a better method or cooker. I am here for specific reasons, I am interested in sharing what I am doing and hearing from someone else using similar tactics. I find this very efficient for meals for 1 to 6 or 8 people. I am thinking the dutch oven forum is a better fit for me even though this may not be traditional DO recipes.

I have only been cooking in DO 's for a couple months but am really impressed. I am planning on smoking And braising a tri tip for thanksgiving.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: