FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr Tony's Kitchen- I sold her
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smokin' Hawg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30 15 11:49 pm    Post subject: Build Reply with quote

Nice Job Tony Looks like comfy unit to work in, Have fun
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31 15 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guy's! PLEANTY of room to move, and to pile up the $20.00 bills [ I HOPE!!] Cool Cool Wednesday is "OPENING DAY"..Hope I didnt forget anything Embarassed
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01 15 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I gotta stop thinking and start making some $$$....lol....Had a talk with my printer pal, and 24 hrs later he had a few goodies for me....Not shown are a dozen 15" Mr Tony's BBQ and Mr Tony's Kitchen decals for the back of new rig, rear door on truck, tailgate of pickup etc...
A new menu board

It is a metal backed print, coated with a dry erase film, and he gave me a pile of magnet material so I can cover items or change pricing in a flash! Did the same for the BBQ wagon!
Then, I decided since we will have the new rig with similar logo, to go ahead and let people know its not just a BBQ rig:

Tex-Mex SHOULD get the point across...I HOPE!
Her maiden voyage is in 17 hrs...I hope I can sleep tonight!! Kinda "giddy" over here!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
loafy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01 15 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck tomorrow!! I'm excited someone gets to open lol. Let us know how everything goes
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02 15 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOO-Yahh!! Day 1 with new trailer, after 2 weeks open with the BBQ wagon, we had our best day of sales so far 2015! A few large orders clogged the line up a bit, a few kinks to work out, but all in all, it was a HUGE success!! Tomorrow will be a true test as our Thurs. spot usually has dull sales compared to our Wed. site [ but still worth showing up for Wink ] Had a few ask for job app's, trailer performed flawlessly! This might just be worth the effort!! Cool Cool
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM

Last edited by Mr Tony's BBQ on Fri Jul 17 15 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02 15 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear things are starting well with your new menu and rig. Just curious about the cautionary note on undercooking on your menu, is that an insurance rqmnt, or something you just added, looks like you've flagged it for a deep fried Chimi and your burger.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02 15 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chimi is by accident, but yes on the burger - State law actually here in Wi!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03 15 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bam wrote:
Mr Tony's BBQ wrote:
100% PASS on inspection!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, to go make her pay for herself Wink

Congrats now show Mr Tony's Da MONEY!!!!!!!!

Show me they DID!! Open 2 weeks prior with BBQ only rig, and our community flocking to us for Q, Wed. was our highest sales year to date, with the new rig and menu!! - Mid summer sales $$!!! ONE sorta iffy review on FB - "kinda pricey but great food"....I replied [ nicely ] with pries of meat and everything else nowadays, items are priced so we dont fail" !
One complaint about rib tips being overdone [ deep fried ] Gave dude his cash back and a brisket taco = he was floored!! Loved the taco, and couldnt believe how I reacted to make him happy!! Customer for life now!! All other reviews on tips were stellar [ after slapping up Chef ]
Day 2 at usually slow location was extra slow Sad Rain sure didnt help the situation!
On another note, I got the letter from the Gubbner yesterday...NO commissary required!!!! It's official, in writing!! A couple inspectors in the area are NOT going to be happy about that! [ wanting extra $$ for local "temporary" permits, they say its because I must return to base daily, normal state law here ] BUT, with my variance's, I am exempt!!! Thats $108/ year savings on commissary license [ per rig ] and $170 / county for "temporary restaurant permit" [ per rig]... NEVER thought I would say this, but... I LOVE my current State food inspector!!!! She is the one who brought the variance up to me!!!Now to go watch inspector Dave pop a gasket Wink Cool Very Happy
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM

Last edited by Mr Tony's BBQ on Fri Jul 17 15 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 15 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 days running [ 2 days 11a-6pm, 1 day 11a-2p] and just under $3k....First day at our "regular" BBQ wagon spot being half of that total, second at an always slow spot, but with perks, and 3rd day at a brand new location, which based on chatter is going to be HUGE once summer hits....I think this is gonna work!! Cool Cool Cool Already getting requests / leads from new location for catering and other close locations for additional days!!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM

Last edited by Mr Tony's BBQ on Fri Jul 17 15 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Ridge View BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08 15 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, I really think you're tex-mex is going to do great and there's a lot more profit in beans and rice! Have a great season buddy.
Wells Cargo 20' Concession Trailer w/porch 24"
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14 15 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ridge View!
We still have some confusion going on from "regulars" as to which truck they are approaching....asking for certain items on new rig that are only available on BBQ rig, but getting them worked out.....
Thought I had my prep cooler go on the fritz yesterday...turned out it works TOO good....Had turned the dial to high, and the entire radiator looking core iced over!!
Cleared it out of food
, put a space heater in her overnight, and all is well this morning [ woke up at 3am on my "day off" thinking about it....outside in my robe and slippers re-starting it...lol ]
Upright soda cooler I got for $100.00 on craiglist was acting funny last week too, took it to my fridge guy who went through it all, couldnt find any real problem other than freon being a little low....Topped it off and charged me $100 - money well spent for the piece of mind!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
missionsusmc
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29 15 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how'd the rest of the season go? I'm sure you're close to seeing snow if not already.

Mary had a little lamb, a little brisket, a little ribs, and boy she was full!!!
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29 15 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tex-Mex was a huge hit, finding someone to run it without me present didnt go well at all Crying or Very sad
I did use it for several events, even bringing The Scrapper to smoke on at a festival, and running a dual menu of BBQ and Italian beef / sausage...fries and other oddities!
I have also used it regularly to prep for BBQ rig i.e. prepping mass quantities of taters [ mashed and for tater salads] and boiling noodles for mac n cheese etc., baking breads / buns to doing a couple weddings with extensive to odd menu's, and all around using it for personal to professional menu's. Its been a huge asset!
I actually have the new rig up for sale as the BBQ rig is doing so well, I dont have the desire to once again go through the hassle of attempting to find qualified staff with the drive to make it worth while. Someone will end up with an awesome rig that I will miss dearly....But have more, bigger plans for the strictly BBQ biz!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: