FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought a concession trailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoldering Coals
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19 15 8:21 am    Post subject: Bought a concession trailer Reply with quote

Very Happy Well after a fun summer, I decided to sell the food truck that I just bought in June and switch to a concession trailer. The truck was just way to big right now for my needs. The truck total length was 27', this usually required us to buy two spaces at the events. I decided that when I sell the truck I would make sure the total length was under 20' for the concession trailer. The fee's for the truck (insurance, commercial tags and personal property tax) were also a heck of a lot more than I thought they would be. For the last 2 years I only vend at fairs and festivals for the summer months. Having a trailer will help cut down on all of the extra fees of owning a vehicle. In my city you are allowed one commercial vehicle at your residence, however I was over the length and height limit. I didn't know this special rule when I bought the truck. About 1 month after buying the truck I got in trouble by the city. So I ended up having to pay for a storage spot for it. All the fee's resulted in over $200 a month in overhead, not fun when you only work in the summer.

Anyways I decided to buy a 7'x16' trailer with 6' being the porch. I had the inside height raised to 7'. I had the factory do the electrical wiring and finish the walls in white aluminum. I couldn't figure out how to make the porch work with a door on it so I decided to get a window instead. The trailer already came with a door on the passenger side.

I finished the floors myself with Trafficmaster Allure vinyl planks from Home Depot.

Smoldering Coals
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19 15 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got the basic layout the way I (wife) wanted it. Very Happy The overhead cabinets were bought at Sam's Club. I already built my sink setup when I was just using a tent setup. I plan to put the sink in the v-nose and close off the front with some doors. I also bought an electric water heater since I was using a propane before. I will also be switching to an electric water pump. New bigger water tanks have been purchased also.

Both the refrigerator and under-counter refrigerator were purchased at an auction.

At this time all of the food will be cooked in the roaster, I still don't sell any meat. I have been doing roasted corn, roasted baked and sweet potatoes. I have zero competition and can easily get into any event unless there is a restriction on the number of vendors.

kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20 15 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any teason you didn't go with a 8X16 instead of 7'?

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: